020

Stanley was currently speaking a part from the Torah, almost to perfection. Seeing Richie and Violet show up was very reassuring to him. He could feel some of the pressure lift a bit, just by seeing Violet in her pretty dress. She was looking a lot better from the last time Stanley had seen her. She almost looked... normal.

The crowd clapped politely as Stanley finished the reading. He grabbed the microphone from in front of him, getting real nervous. He didn't expect to see Violet show up, and now that she had, his whole speech was gone. He forgot what he had practiced to say for this. He took a glance at his two friends and breathed out.

"Um, reflecting on what I just read," he started, going off on a rampage, "I like what it says about indifference. Well, when you're a kid, you think the universe revolves around you. You think that you'll always be protected and cared for," he glanced at Violet for emphasis on his words, "That you'll always have the same friends as when you were twelve.

"Then one day, something bad happens and you realize that's not true. You wake up suddenly, not caring about lives outside of your own. Nothing going on outside your front door matters anymore," Stanley's dad tried to grab hold of the mic, but Stanley moved closer to where Richie and Violet were sitting, wondering where he was going with this, "You separate from anything that might matter to you, neighbors, friends... But when you're alone as a kid, the monsters see you as weaker and they start to come for you and you don't even know they're getting closer until it's too late. So then they attack you before you can find out the truth about what's happening."

Violet leaned over to Richie, "Do you have any idea where he's going with this?" He shook his head, still listening to Stanley.

"If any of you opened your eyes, if any of you really cared," Stanley's words met his eyes, making Violet understand better, "you would see what we're going through. I guess, indifference, is a part of growing up."

Stanley's father was coming after him this time, and Stanley tried to take the mic with him even further away, but couldn't. He stayed where he was and finished strong.

"Becoming an adult isn't about being able to vote or being able to drive," he paused, gazing at Violet and Richie, "Becoming an adult, according to the holy scripture of Derry, is learning not to give a shit!" Stanley's words made the crowd whisper in awe, as he left the church. Violet was in shock. This was Stanley Uris! The boy she knew to be a bit anal retentive and was nearly just as quiet as her.

Richie obviously felt just as impressed as Violet. Violet didn't realize the boy had stood up and begun to clap, until she felt him drop in his seat. She turned and saw Mrs. Tozier release her grip on her son, looking embarrassed by him. After they were let out, the two of them found Stanley sitting in a tree nearby.

"How on earth did you get up there?" Violet asked him, shaking him out of his daze.

"A better question would be, when did he start climbing trees?" Richie stated, as he joined Stanley on the branch. Violet leaned on the tree, waiting for Stanley to reveal why he did it.

"Thanks for coming, guys," Stanley stated, making eye contact with the both of them, "I thought that would've been much worse if none of you came. I already feel like I let my friends down, I couldn't bare not seeing any of you show up." Stanley had tears falling.

After basically confessing to having one of his greatest fears being unleashed, Stanley jumped down from the tree and ran off, without another word. Richie hopped down and stood there with Violet, uncertain if they should go after him.

"I think we should give him some time. Maybe you could call him up tonight," Violet mentioned, in a hopeful way. Richie gave her a nod, still looking after his friend.

"Well," Richie started, seeing his mother in the parking lot, "I should probably get going. Thanks for coming with me." He winked at Violet, before dashing off in his baby blue tuxedo. Violet smiled at her friend's silliness, before walking in her direction home.

Reginald's car was not in the driveway when she got home. Violet gave a sigh of relief, as she went inside. She was halfway to the stairs when her heart dropped, seeing Henry Bowers walk out of the kitchen. He was, first and foremost, shocked that Violet was looking normal in her yellow dress. Then he smirked, seeing her legs for the first time. Violet shivered at that look on his face. It was similar to the one he wore when he sliced up her stomach.

"H-henry, whatever you're thinking, d-don't," She stated with unusual confidence. Her mind disagreed with that, by slowly walking up the stairs as Henry came closer. Henry reached the stairs, as she tripped on the last step. He leaned down to her, seeing her shiver in fear.

"You're starting to sound like Stutter Butter. You okay, Princess?" Violet tried to press herself away from him, as he stroked her cheek.

"S-stop, please..." Violet tried to get out, with a gasp. Henry had moved his hand to her leg, making her heart pound. "N-no..."

"Mm," Henry growled, with another smirk on his face. Violet couldn't help but notice the lust that she saw in his eyes. She cowered back, trying to crawl away from him. "I always knew I'd be your first." Violet's eyes widened, as she kicked him in the chest. She ran to her room and grabbed the first thing she could see, her lamp. She turned around with the lamp held high, as Henry stood in the doorway, not looking the least fit affected by her. It reminded her of It.

"C-come any closer, a-and I swear..." Violet trailed off, in fear. Her mind started to whir. Why did it seem like every time anything happened to her, it had to go through her fear? She obviously couldn't have one day without feeling like she was going to die or get hurt again.

"Y-you'll what?" Henry mimicked her, walking into her room. "You won't do it. I know you almost better than Patrick does. You wouldn't hurt a butterfly, so why start now? You can easily put it down and I'll walk away. If," he paused, "that's what you want."

"Y-you'll walk away?" She asked him, unable to read him. He nodded and held his hands up in surrender. She hesitated, before lowering her lamp back to it's place on her nightstand. She tried to read Henry, but couldn't. It wasn't working. What if she did the wrong thing? What else could he possibly do to her that Patrick hadn't already done?

"Good girl," Henry spoke softly, as he walked slowly toward her. Violet reached back for the lamp, but Henry grabbed her wrists first. He pushed her into the wall, making her head spin. Violet tried to pull her wrists away from him, but couldn't. He was much stronger than she ever was.

"Let go of me!" She called out, hoping he'd back off. Henry pinned each of her wrists above her head with one arm, as she wriggled under his grip.

"Now, you can't tell Patrick that were doing this. I mean, he's still your brother and he just might have what it takes to kick my ass, so you gotta keep your mouth shut. Got it?" Henry hissed at her, his face inches from her own. He tilted his face away from hers, until his lips began to kiss her neck. Violet gasped, feeling something take over her mind. It was spinning and spinning. She moaned as his other arm reached down by her legs and started to walk their way up, under her dress.

"No..." Her voice couldn't do it. Henry had warped her mind just as fast as Patrick did. She knew it felt wrong in her heart, but her mind and body took over the heat. Henry snatched her off the wall and threw her on the bed. He closed her bedroom door and locked it, hoping Patrick and Victor wouldn't come back until they found Belch. Violet had jumped from her bed and ran after Henry to try and escape him.

"Princess, that's not how it works," he hissed again, as he pushed her back on the bed. Sure, she gave up a good fight, but that's what made it fun. He ran his fingers up and down her legs, feeling her shivering beneath his touch. She moaned for him once more, before he gripped her dress and tore.

"No!" Violet screamed, as it ripped with ease for him. She lay there, underneath him, in her training bra and underwear, scared to death.