Daymares (2x07)

Vlad P.O.V
Mum had been back for a few months. It was great having her back but it wasn't the same. She hardly spoke to dad & always had her head buried in slaying reports. We were worried that she was going to stress herself into a coma. But, none of us could stop her from being her.

Renfield was tasked with making a nursery. He was struggling which infuriated dad. It got so bad that dad decided to do it himself. We were surprised to see him doing work but terrified that it was going well. I often sneak into the room to watch dad. It was odd but nice to see him happily humming as he worked. He seemed so excited to be a dad. Ingrid kept away from him because the cheeriness was sickening.

The branagh were the first to know. They were all happy for us. Mrs. Branagh came over a few times a week to read baby books with mum. Mr. Branagh would usually check on the nursery, much to dad's annoyance. Robin was good company while the twins doted on Ingrid. Chloe was too terrified to come but there was always school to fill her in on.

Despite the tension, we still had our normal routine. We were all up in the morning for breakfast. Renfield was slowly getting the hand of breather & normal food. I enjoyed my cornflakes & munched away. Mum was eating more vampiric food since she needed more blood. It was so weird seeing her like this. Dad & Ingrid were enjoying her colder nature through. Oddly, I fell asleep after nearly finishing eating.

"Freak." Ingrid scoffed as I woke up. Everyone was staring at me. Mum came over to wipe food off my face & check my temperature.

"On the contrary Mistress Ingrid like all powerful vampires Master Vlad has started sleeping during the day." Zoltan explained

"Excellent! Let's go down into the crypt & I'll tuck you into your coffin." Dad enthusiastically said before muttering to Renfield, "Renfield, burn his bed."

"Oh stop it you two. He's not old enough to sleep in a coffin. Renfield touch his bed & I'll burn you in the laundry." Mum threatened

"Thanks mum. Now, i better be off or I'll be late for school." I smiled as I headed off

"Sweet dreams." Dad mocked

Maria P.O.V

The kids had all gone off to school. Vlad went to rest for a bit since the mornings still weakened him. Renfield spent the rest of the morning cowering in fear from me which I enjoyed. With a perky attitude, I went to my study to do some work. I was head deep in an assortment of field reports again. I was unnerved by the increase in the number of random vampire attacks. I was more stressed that Millenium was still hiding. Integra sent word that she was handling everything fine & that the round table meeting was still to be decided.

"Darling, you do know what these daymares mean right?" Vlad asked as he flew in & massaged my shoulders

"All too well. He's too young for his powers to begin manifesting. God, I just want him to enjoy a normal life before it's no longer an option. But, now I feel so helpless." I confided as Vlad hugged me tightly from behind

"The best we can do for him is being there. He's going to have a lot of question that we both need to have the same answer for. You're brilliant & will figure something out. They have your brain after all." He complimented me

"I see Mr.Charms is back." I chuckled as I swivelled to face him

"When your wife can actually send you to hell. It pays to be sweet." He smirked as I got up

"Thanks for cheering me up. I really needed it." I thanked him before snuggling his neck

"Someone is being awfully affectionate." He noticed as he held me tight & stroked my head