Chapter 7:Papa!Look at the birds!

[Narrator]

"Papa,please.Lets play!." A little girl begged her Father,who sat on his desk with some papers in hand.

"Not now Maika.I'm busy today.Maybe you could go play outside for now."He replied,filing up the papers."I'll follow you once I'm finish"

The girl looked down,upset;knowing that it would take forever for her Father to finish up those papers.She went out her father's office,grabbing her sling bag,sitting by the table.She also took a brown,stuffed cat with red buttons for eyes.

She exited the house,closing the door behind her.

The girl wasn't used to walking the streets all by herself;in fact,she always does this with her Father by her side.But because she's on her own,she felt anxious.All she wanted to do was go to the park,but her Father had stated that she'll need to wait outside.

But what the girl didn't realised was that when her Father meant by 'outside',he meant near the house.The girl?She's on her way to city!

She walked passed multiple stores and houses,with her head glued to the ground.She passed by many adults,all asking if she lost her way or that she lost sight of her parents.

"Are you ok?","Where's your parents?","Are you lost?"

But she ignored it,all of it.

No.She's not ok.

No.She's not lost.

No.She didn't lose her parents,he's just at the house doing work.

At this point,she was just dragging herself to wherever her legs bring here.

And unconsciously,she arrives at the playground.The place where kids like her go.A place where she and her Father would always go whenever they go out.The exact same playground she would spend hours with her Aunts and Uncles,playing tag or hide'n seek.The same place where she and her only Friend would go and find some stray cats or would just watch the clouds go by.

But strangely enough,there weren't any kids around.

Why?Thats because all the other kids get to go to school,but she couldn't.Its not like she doesn't like being the only girl in the neighbourhood not going to school,in fact,she enjoys it.It didn't bothered her at all.

But she always felt lonely.Although this didn't bother her much.

She hopped onto a swing,using her legs to push the ground and allow herself move.Her eyes were still glued to the ground,only watching her feet hit the ground before pushing it again,and her hand were holding onto the swing's rusty chains,while the other was hugging the stuff toy.

.She wished her father could be with her right now,not doing work.

"Papa!Over here!"She hears.Her slowly looks up to see something nostalgic.

The girl can see herself on the slide,a wide smile plastered on her small face,where a black-haired man waits below."I''m going to catch you,ok?"He called as he opens his arm for the child.

"1...2...3!"The girl chanted as she slid down the slide,embracing her Father on the way down,

"Gotcha!"He spoke,nearly falling down when the child pounced on him.They both laughed,a smile adorned their faces.The man ruffled the child's hair as the said kid giggled in glee.