Chapter 39: Tension Rising

As Angel walks back in the Hotel, he quickly goes to the kitchen picked up a quick bite on the meal that Vaggie cooked before grabbing some carrot kibbles for Fat nuggets in a hurry, passing by Charlie and Vaggie

"Angel, why are--" "I'm going to work" Angel excuses as he ran up quickly to his room and slam it after he goes inside.

"Isn't he is not working again? Or well fired from the previous one?" Charlie questioned as Vaggie shrugged, and Charlie hummed thinking a bit.

Alastor went over the Bar and sat down to a seat, humming quietly a tune as Husk grunts when he loses a game of cards and went over to Alastor

"What do you want, creep?" He asked, sounding annoying grumbling something in German as he huffed and chug down the bottle on his hand.

"Oh, nothing for today, Husker my friend" Alastor reassured the cat demon with a wave and a smile on his face, as Husk rolled his eyes and continues drinking the booze on his hands. Niffty sprang pass the Bar and sat down beside Alastor, spinning around her seat for a moment before sitting down with a giggle.

"I suppose you have a great day now, Niffty darling?" Alastor asked, putting an arm on the table, as Niffty grins at him while Husk decided to have a nap on where he is.

"Yup. How's you and Mister Angel's date, hhmm?" Niffty asked sounding eager and excited, Alastor smile even more at her

"Well, we're doing quite fine, my dear. And it's not a date, but a hangout" Alastor corrected as Niffty raised her brow "You sure? Because it does sounds like you two were in a date even if it's just a quick one" Niffty pointed out with a grin as Alastor chuckled with a hum.

"I'll be going to work now, don't follow me, okay? Okay. Bye!" Angel called out as he dashes out his room with a darker attire and fedora on, and down to the stairs and out of the Hotel with a slam of the door, waking up Husk a little as he grunted, and walks off elsewhere for a place to nap.

Niffty and Alastor peeked out from the Bar as Charlie and Vaggie was confused when Angel ran out of the Hotel in a hurry

"Where is Mister Angel's going to, brother?" Niffty asked, looking up to her brother.

"I think he's going to finish up a business he had to finished, I am assuming!" He mused as Niffty blinked a couple of times with a nod "I see. But shouldn't you follow him to make sure Mister Angel is alright?" Niffty asked, as Alastor chuckled and patted Niffty's head

"No worries, my dear. I had ordered our shadow friends to keep track of him and what ever kind of business he needs to attend" Alastor reassured with a smile, as Niffty smiled back "I guess that's good enough" she said with a giggle, but then a question crossed her mind when she asked "But what he's in danger and he needed help?"

Alastor grinted his teeth a little as he tightened his smile a bit "I'm sure he'll be fine, sister" he said, reassuring himself not to doubt on what he said, as Niffty frowned a bit reading her brother's expression and hold up Alastor's fingers as his ear twitched and looked back at her

"Brother, I know that expression you're making, you're doubting yourself" Niffty clarify as Alastor shake his head and laugh "Oh no, my dear. I am not doubting myself! I just have a lot in my mind to think!" He chimed, as he hoped she buys his excuse. Niffty crossed her arms and the look she's putting, making Alastor's ears bend down.

"Alastor we already talk about this. You don't need to play mask with me, now how about we follow and see if he's really okay. I'll go ask Husk to cover us up, okay?" As Niffty said it she quickly zoomed off to the Bar to search for Husk. Alastor sighed through his teeth and pinched the bridge of his nose Why does she always do this to me?