* ° . • ✧ Chapter 5 ✧ * ° . •

"Everytime I tell you that
we're done I'm faking."
- 𝐈'𝐦 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧' ( 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 )

𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Talk, and if you are wasting our time--"

"Do you know this church is in the exact center of this city? The elders decreed if so that everyone could be equally close to God? I like that." The unknown man said staying completely still. He paused before speaking again. " The geometry of belief. You're wondering why you can't look inside my head. " I slowly walked towards him in confusion. How'd he know?

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later, every man shows himself." I retorted crossing my arms in the process.

"I'm sure they do." The figure said, revealing himself to be a...robot? "But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter."

"I didn't expect, but I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct." I said.

" Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create...smaller people? 'Children' I lost the word, there. Children. Designed to supplant them, to help them end." I cringed slightly at his statement and my stare came out as a confused one.

"Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?" I ask with my head slightly tilted walking even closer to it.

"I've come to save the world. But also... Yeah. I've come up with a plan that might put them to their weakest. That might make them unable to kill you."

"What are you saying?" I ask almost confused on what he meant.

"I want the both of you to recruit for them."

"Are you insane?" I say as I look away and rub my temples in rage.

"No, you both need to get closer to them. They're all weak. I'm sure if you get their trust and 'friendship' they'll struggle with their little plans."

He lead us to our old base and went down to the basement.

"Well move out right away. This is the start, but there's something we need to begin the real work."

"All of these are--"

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony. They're discordant. Disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other." He looked back at us with a devious grin on his face. "And when you get inside the rest of their heads..."

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them."

"And make them martyrs? You need patientce. Need to see the big picture." He said while levetating closer to us.

"I don't see the big picture. I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, every day."

"You lost your parents in the bombings I've seen the records." I scoff at his insensitive response.

"The records are not the picture--"

"Pietro."

"No, please."

"We we're 10 years old. Having dinner, the four of us. When the first shell hits two floors below, It makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Our parents go in. And the whole building starts coming apart. I grab her, roll under the bed, the second shell hits. But it doesn't go off. It just sits there in the rubble. Three feet from our faces. And the side of the shell is painted one word..."

" 'Stark' " I finished his sentence with a bit of trouble. Even speaking his name makes me sick to my stomach.

"We were trapped for two days..."