* ° . • ✧ Chapter 8 ✧ * ° . •

"So, If I put your hands where
my eyes can't see, then you're
the one who's got a hold on me."
- 𝐈𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 ( 𝐙𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 )

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Natasha and I were sitting at the dinner table casually checking our messages before Fury spoke up.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something." Fury said. "The amount of vibrainum he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." He continued.

Suddenly I was handed a drawing by Clint's daughter. I smiled and thanked her as she ran back to her room.

"What about Ultron himself?" Loki asked leaning against the door frame.

"He's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury said casually.

He paused while washing a glass before speaking up again. " It still doesn't help us get an angle of any of his plans, though. "

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury replied.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said tossing something to the side.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury said finishing the last glass in the dish pile.

"Nexus?" Wanda asked leaning against the fridge.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo." Bruce said. "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." He continued.

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." I looked at Fury in confusion.

"By whom?" Tony said before a dart flew past him.

"Parties unknown." Fury replied.

"Do we have an ally?" I asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury explained.

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown." Tony said walking to the kitchen.

"Well this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said turning her head to face Fury.

"I do. I have you." Fury said shrugging.

"Back in the day I had eyes, everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of. Here we all are back on Earth, with nothing but our wit. And our will to save the world." He said.

"Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Fury continued.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." I said smirking mischievously.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Steve said looking really tired of my shit.

"So what does he want?" Fury asked turning to me.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve said in a very serious tone.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony corrected.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." I said sarcastically.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." Bruce said as we all instantly set our eyes on him.

"How?" Fury asked.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

☾ . • ' . ^ 𑁍 .•' » > ☾ . * ^ ' • ♡ .* ^ ' ~ • ☾ *. ' • ☾

We were all on the quinjet waiting for Clint and Tony. I was sitting in the back with Loki, Wanda, and Steve while Pietro and the rest went to the front. I was distracted by looking outside until Wanda spoke up, breaking the silence.

"How was last night, Alena?" I turned my head around immediately facing her. "You were doing a lot of work yesterday..." She said looking like she was gonna laugh her ass off any moment. "Can I talk to you outside please?" She asked.

"Sure." With that we both went outside. A not so far distance from the quinjet.

"What do you think of my brother?" Wanda said with a small smirk."

"I think he's a great--"

"Kisser? It was about time he fluffed up." She said wiggling her eyebrows a bit.

"Shush! Alright, I like him." I said running my hands through my hair.

"Just take care of him. Promise?" She said with a gracious smile.

"Promise." I said pulling her into a hug before going back into the quinjet. I noticed that Tony and Clint were already waiting. I buckled my seatbelt settled in.