Chapter 22

Lying on her bed one night, Norah couldn't help but let her mind wander to a place it's been so many times before. She thought of Ellis and what she wanted to do with him, to him. It was weird how comfortable she was getting with those kinds of thoughts. Her phone was lying next to her and suddenly she couldn't resist anymore. She sent him a text.

"Can you come over?"

It took him a minute to reply. "It's really cold outside."

"I'm coming over there then."

Her phone went off not long after she sent it, but she ignored it, putting on her boots and jacket and figuring out how she was going to get over there. Before she did anything acrobatic, she turned off her lights and did the old putting-stuff-under-the-covers-to-make-it-look-like-you're-asleep thing. She manoeuvred her out of the window and onto the slick rooftop. Ellis was making his way over to help her, but she was already halfway down the roof when he got to her. He helped her get over the fence by giving her a boost and helped her again when she need to get up to his patio roof by doing the same.

"What's with the urgency to come over?" he asked as she used his hand as a foothold.

"I needed to see you."

"At midnight on a Tuesday?"

After climbing onto the roof, she glanced down and smiled at him. "Isn't that the best time?"

He laughed and shook his head, grabbing hold of the trellis and hoisting himself up. "That's not good." He clambered onto the roof next to her. "I'm rubbing off on you."

"Agree to disagree."

Once she was inside, she kicked off her boots and took off her jacket. It was delightfully warm in his room and she could feel that her cheeks were red. Ellis climbed in behind her and quietly closed the window. When all his winter gear was off, he looked at her.

"Okay," he said. "What's going on?"

Norah debated with herself what would be the next best course of action. Does she profess her desire for him and let him take the lead or does she take it into her own hands and let him know what her intentions are by kissing him. The more spontaneous side of herself was fighting for dominance and for once she listened. That was what her relationship about Ellis was all about. Seizing the moment, taking life into your own hands and enjoying it. So that's exactly what she did. She walked up to him with a fierce look in her eyes and kissed him.

"Whoa," Ellis breathed as he pulled away. "Not that I mind the affection, but what -"

"I'm ready," she interrupted him.

His eyes bulged. "What do you mean?" He knew exactly what she meant. He just needed her to put it into clearer terms.

"I'm mean I'm ready. Right now."

"Slow down, Nor," he told her. "I don't want us doing anything we might regret later."

"That's just it. I know I won't regret it. I trust you enough. I care about you and I know you care about me, so I want to do it now before I lose my nerve. I want you.

He gave her a long look, his eyes trying to read any hidden indication to her not actually being ready. But found nothing. The look in her eyes was that of determination, but when they darted to his lips and back up, the look changed to desire. It looked strange in her cold blue eyes, but in all honesty, it kind of turned him on. Ellis found himself licking his lips as he made his decision.

"I want you too," he said, so quietly and reverent that she almost didn't hear him. "Okay. Let's do this."

"Hell yeah."