Year 9 - Freshman Year

YEAR NINE - FRESHMAN YEAR

NEW YORK
HIGH SCHOOL
FALL

HIGH SCHOOL, SURPRISINGLY TAME. Of course she is saying this as a freshman, in a school she hadn't been in for less than an hour. So she didn't really experience any of the hardships yet, so she couldn't really make any judgments. She was still in New York, and she was highly uncomfortable especially with what happened with Nick. Though he hadn't raped her, it would've happened if she didn't fight back, she was glad she did. He tried to take advantage of her as if she were some object he could abuse. She took a deep breath, the big apple was different from the small town she was used to. She thought about the day she wrote a new song, a new one in months. Veronica had many songs yet they never met her standards, that is until Archie Andrews became her muse.

"Veronica, how many songs have you written about him?" Cheryl said looking over her shoulder and down at the book lying in her hands.

"Too many." She sighed.

He really didn't get it. Of course he didn't get it, boys are idiots when it comes to feelings that are right in front of their very eyes, she thought.

But Veronica should've tried to move on, she had but it was too damn hard.

It was still hard two years later, this would've been the time you guys met. Shut up  she thought.

Even her mind was riddled with love sick thoughts. Veronica wrinkled her nose, she was helpless when it came to Archie Andrews and she was tempted to just ask Cheryl for his number.

Shouldn't you have his number?

She should've but they hadn't thought of the future they only lived in the present. Phones were cast away and they just talked, they could've talked for hours. Well you can't now, but they could've but he hadn't realized what he did. But she couldn't help but feel petty for holding this grudge for a year, he could've apologized within the time frame but she knew Cheryl wouldn't give up her number just because. Ask for his number Veronica you know you want to. Maybe she should there's nothing left to lose, she didn't trust anyone in the city especially after the small debacle with Nick St.Clair. She avoided the boy at all costs, Veronica didn't know what he would've tried after if he was around her after that night.  

・ ◦ ・

RIVERDALE HIGH
HIGH SCHOOL
FALL

THE FIRST YEAR at Riverdale High was nerve wracking for Archie Andrews. It was the fact that he was pretty much alone, Cheryl (his cousin) had pretty much disowned him taking Toni with her, Veronica had left during seventh grade, and Betty? She was pretty much nonexistent at this point, she could talk yet there would be nothing worth listening to. Archie had tried (and he tried,) to be her friend but something was off about the blonde and he couldn't figure out why he got the vibe from her.

Her eyes were transfixed on him, tracking his movements. "Archie?" She cooed.

Betty always seemed to coo every-time she talked to him, sometimes she sounded like a bird. "Yeah?" He replied.

"Are we going to Pops after school? You know, like how we did last year?" She clung to his arm, and he had the vague distinction that the freshman class were staring at the two of them.

"Of course." Archie replied cheerfully, flashing her a fake smile (she had yet to figure out it wasn't his real smile.)

Betty smiled back, her eyes shining.