Year 10 - Sophmore Year (2)

YEAR TEN - SOPHOMORE YEAR |
PART TWO

RIVERDALE HIGH

Veronica stepped foot into Riverdale High for the first time and her first thought was, "1980s." It had the look of a school set in an 80s movie with the white pristine walls, the same colored tiles, and the rows of neat, pristine lockers. It was different to New York whose school was modern, technology practically everywhere you went.

But in Riverdale High she felt like she was in an 80s movie with how many cliques were around. The amount of students that remained in the halls. It was nostalgic in a way, but Veronica had never been inside of Riverdale High before today. So it had been rather odd when she seemed to know the school like the back of her hand.

Her dark hair bounced off her shoulders as she spotted a head of ginger tresses.

Cheryl.

Veronica tried to contain her excitement as she started walking faster towards the ginger haired girl. But she then slowed down, a couple feet away from the girl.

"Veronica, it's high school, things are going to be different. And people are going to change." Katy's voice echoed through her mind.

Veronica did a double take. The ginger-haired girl was wearing elegant clothing, clothing that was finely stitched at the seams. She also had a spider brooch pinned on her collar, along with a pair of expensive heels she'd seen in her mother's closet. Veronica also took in the fact that she was surrounded by a group of girls, she assumed were cheerleaders.

It seemed as if Cheryl Blossom had become the HBIC of Riverdale High. The Head Bitch in Charge.

Veronica almost smiled at the thought. She had always sensed the sassy nature within the girl and wasn't surprised at all.

A male voice sounded behind her. "Good luck trying to talk to Cheryl Blossom, she is one mean bitch."

It was unrecognizable, so Veronica whipped her head around. A knit crown beanie lay atop of his dark hair. He was the boy she had seen at pops.

"And who are you?" Veronica managed to say in a posh tone.

The corner of his mouth tugged upward. "Jughead Jones, you're new this year but I can tell you've been in this town before."

Veronica crossed her arms. "How would you know that?"

"I know who you are," he replied.

Before she could speak again, he beat her to it, "because you're Veronica Lodge, the girl who dropped a pipe-bomb."

Veronica closed her mouth. Of course he would know. Of course the whole god forsaken town would know about it as well. Is this what she had been known for? The girl who caused her friendships to crumble from one moment?

As if reading her mind, the beanie wearing boy nodded. "Everyone knows who Veronica Lodge is, because of that exact same reason. You're known as the girl who didn't give a damn about the consequences. You just spoke your mind." He said it with a hint of admiration.

Veronica raised a brow, "is that supposed to mean something? It was in the moment and I just spoke my feelings, why is that something to be proud about?"

"No thirteen year old would've spoken their mind, they would shut up and move along as if nothing had happened."

Veronica shook her head, she didn't want to dwell on this topic. It had been two close to three years since it had happened, so why did it affect her so much?