The Interview

You walk into the large, greasy smelling restaurant. Your ears are immediately filled with the sounds of screams and laughter of children. 'Glad I won't be working during the day,' you think to yourself, smiling. 'That is, if I even get the job.'

By the time you find the security office, your sunglasses are starting to irritate you again. 'Remember, (Y/N), this is for your own good.' you think to yourself. 

'(Y/N), you know you can take them off, it won't matter,' a voice in your head says. You sigh, almost crying. "Your not real, Charlotte," you say out loud to yourself. "William killed you years ago. You are just a voice to help me cope with it." 

That is indeed what you have told yourself ever since Charlotte died.

Your hand starts twitching. 'Weird,' you think, ' maybe I should go find in the office.'

You knock on the door, and a tall, lanky guy in his mid twenty's walks out. "Ah, you must be (Y/N)," he says, "I'm Jeremy. Jeremy Fitzgerald."

You shake his hand.  "I'm here to apply for the second night guard position," you say. "Ah, yes that's right," he says, "but I have to ask you to remove your sunglasses. I don't strictly care, but it's company policy."

"I'd rather not," you say, your hair turning orange. Jeremy jumps at this, looking nervous. "Um," he says, "is that normal?" You take out your mirror. You see your hair. "Oh, yeah," you say, "did my dad not mention this?" He shakes his head no. 

'Of course he didn't,' you hear "Charlotte" say.

"Shut up," you say quietly. 

"What was that?" Jeremy asks.

"Nothing," you respond, your hair turning a rose red. "Can we just get on with the interview, before I lose my nerve?" you ask.

"Oh, yeah, of course," he responds, "right this way."

And you step into the office.

-------Timeskip-------

"Congratulations, you got the job!" you hear Jeremy say over the phone. You do a silent fist pump. 

'I knew you could do it!' you hear "Charlotte" say.

"Thank you," you say to no one in particular.

"Why are you saying thank you?" you hear Jeremy ask.

"Oh," you say, embarrassed. "I just really needed this job, that's all."

"Okay," he says, "if you say so. Also, I would advise you to bring a weapon, since they don't provide you with one."

"Okay, anything else?"

"No, not that I can think of, just make yourself presentable."

"Okay."

"See ya there, (Y/N)."

"See ya."

You look in the mirror, staring at your eyes, black with white pupils. They had been this way ever since Charlotte died. You never knew why. This was the reason for your sunglasses, they made people uneasy.

You look around the garage, looking for a weapon. Then you see the chain. 'Perfect, just don't think about that day,' you tell yourself.

You gather everything you need and set off for the pizzeria, oblivious about the light coming from your attic.