Chapter 12:

Tw:// Rape

Elliott had no idea where she was. She didn't even realize she was running out of the house until she was over two blocks away, in the complete opposite direction of where she needed to be. She didn't know exactly what she was expecting to see in Cordelia's head, but it definitely wasn't that. No way could that be Cordelia's mother and no way would the woman she recognized ever act like that. It was some kind of trick, or maybe a mistake. Elliott didn't know what to expect in Cordelia's head, but she definitely didn't expect to see the closest thing she ever had to a mother slap the new supreme.

Luckily for her, she neared a bus stop that would put her in the right direction, stepping onto the correctly numbered bus and heading back past the coven. Now she didn't have to worry about someone seeing her as she walked back, but she did have to figure out what the fuck was going on. She started connecting the dots, she knew Cordelia's mother's name was Fiona, the woman she knew was also Fiona. Maybe she altered Cordelia's memory, placing the face of the woman she knew on a memory she didn't belong to, but based on Cordelia's reaction that memory was very real.

So, they had to be the same person. But the woman in Cordelia's head was cruel, nothing like the sweet woman Elliott knew. Elliott never really knew why the woman visited her or was so nice, when she tried to ask all she got was "I'm a friend of your family." Elliott had always assumed she was a friend of her adoptive parents, but knowing that Cordelia's mother was the previous supreme, it was a definite possibility she didn't know her family at all. Maybe she was watching her. Maybe she knew she had magic running in her veins, but that still didn't make sense. If she knew, why wouldn't she have taken her to the coven sooner? Why did she stop visiting her when she was 9?

The bus stopped right where Elliott needed to be and she got off, making her way towards the location specified. She was a little bit early but she didn't care, it gave her more time to process everything. If she even could process. Right now she had no idea what was going on.

Back at the coven, Cordelia had regained her composure and now was pacing in the living room. It was obvious Elliott had done that on purpose, but Cordelia couldn't understand why. Why did she fixate on that one memory? Elliott knew Fiona was awful, so why was she so scared? Was she afraid that Delia would get mad at her? That she would hit her? The thought that Elliott was scared of her made her sick to her stomach. It didn't matter how mad she got, never in a million years would she hurt her.

Cordelia quickly went in search of her phone, frantically throwing blankets and pillows out of the way to find it. She couldn't find it downstairs so she ran to the study, carelessly throwing everything off her desk in search of it. The noise was enough to alert the other women in the house, who came to check on all the noise. Mallory was the first to appear in the doorway. "What's going on?" She said, taking in the Supremes frantic state.

"Elliott ran off. I need my phone GOD DAMNIT WHERES MY PHONE?" Cordelia responded harshly. Mallory noticed the reflective glass on the floor underneath a binder and quickly handed it to the supreme. Cordelia quickly checked for Elliott's GPS and threw the phone when she realized the girl had left hers in the house. "FUCK" She screamed, throwing herself into the chair and putting her head in her hands.

"Don't worry, we'll find her. We'll split up and search." Mallory said, the girls who had congregated behind her quickly heading out of the house. Mallory walked toward the supreme and placed a hand on her shoulder, "We'll find her." She reaffirmed, the supreme nodding, her head still in her hands.

Mallory left to search and once Cordelia had calmed herself slightly, she sent a text to David, hoping he would have some idea of where she was. He responded back that he hadn't seen her, but he would let her know if she came to the store. Cordelia then walked into Elliott's room and grabbed her still full backpack, willing herself to get a vision, something that would give her a clue as to where the girl might've gone. Once again she got small fragments of a vision: a bus, an unidentifiable alley, Elliott's file, but nothing that the supreme could piece together. She threw the bag down frustrated and walked back to her study, grabbing her car keys and walking out of the house.