Chapter 49

The next morning, Elliott was woken up by the sun streaming through her curtains, rolling over to check her phone and seeing she had slept through her alarm, not that it mattered much since there was no school. As she sat up in bed and stretched, she noticed her roommates bed was made, which was unusual considering the swamp witch normally didn't make her bed until the evening. It was mostly to minimize the noise, since Misty was always the first one up and as Coco put it, Elliott was the lightest sleeper like ever. The young witch hopped out of bed and made her way down to the kitchen still in her pajamas, and passed by Cordelia's open office door, which was also unusual this late in the morning, but then again, the supreme did do something vastly out of character the night previous.

Elliott was greeted by Queenie, Zoe and Madison in the kitchen, offering them a good morning as she poured her coffee, then heading to sit with the witches at the table. "You drink your coffee black?" Queenie asked, Elliott nodding in return, "Damn, that's some nasty shit."

"I'm used to it." Elliott said with a shrug, "An old foster parent would only let me drink coffee if it was black. He thought it would keep me from drinking it but by the end of it I was drinking more coffee than him."

"So how does it feel to have your own room back?" Madison asked, Elliott looking back at her confused, "You know Misty went to bed with your mom last night, right?"

"Ok, and?" Elliott asked, "They're adults Maddie."

"So you're perfectly fine knowing they're banging it out?" Madison sneered, Elliott rolling her eyes.

"Despite what you think, I'm not an immature child. I know people have sex." Elliott said pointedly, "At least I don't have to worry about one of them getting pregnant." Elliott watched Madison's subtle change in her facial expression, her eyes darting around like she was hiding something. Elliott had learned very quickly in the foster system how to read people, mostly so she could sense a blowup before it happened and get the hell out of dodge, but it also came in handy in a house full of women who hid their problems. Elliott threw Madison a questioning glance, but continued to talk with Queenie and Zoe for a few minutes until they left to head into town. "Ok, what's up?" Elliott asked after the women had left the house, Madison averting her gaze.

"Nothing." Madison said, Elliott throwing her a look.

"Bitch, you aren't fooling anyone. I know something is wrong, so what is it?" Elliott said, staring the girl down.

Madison glanced at Elliott and rolled her eyes, letting out a dramatic sigh as she shifted in her seat, "Fine, but just because you are an annoying ass, nosey bitch. My period is late."

Elliott paused for a second, shocked her prying actually worked, "How late?" Madison threw her a glare, "You can cut the bitchy attitude, Maddie. How late?"

Madison's stare softened, "A week. I didn't even fucking realize it until the stupid app sent me a notification."

"Have you taken a test?" Elliott asked, more concerned now than anything else.

"I don't even know where the fuck to find a test." Madison said, Elliott letting out a laugh.

"How do you not know? They're usually right next to the condoms." Elliott said.

"Well obviously I don't use those or we wouldn't be where we are right now then would we?" Madison sneered.

Elliott rolled her eyes and bit her lip, debating with herself for a moment before she let out a sigh, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?" Madison asked, following Elliott up the stairs.

"Would you be quiet? You're going to wake everyone up." Elliott said seriously, her eyes darting to Cordelia's door for a moment before she led Madison into her room, opening up her backpack and digging to the bottom before handing a pregnancy test to the movie star, "Just take it and don't ask any questions."