Chapter 34

Cordelia's eyebrows knitted together, trying to process everything, but Elliott didn't even give her the time, "Can we go somewhere? I want to show you something."

Cordelia let out a laugh, "Now?" Elliott nodded, "Baby, it's 4am. Can't you show me tomorrow?"

"No, it has to be at night. You'll like it mama, I promise." Elliott said, Cordelia looking at her doubtfully, "Please?"

Cordelia wanted to object, but she couldn't, not when she finally realized this was Elliott's way of letting her in. Whatever this place was, it had to be important. "Fine. Go get your shoes."

"Grab a jacket, and we need blankets. I'll get Misty, she'll like this." Elliott said quickly, practically running inside, leaving a confused and slightly startled Cordelia. What the hell just happened?

A few moments later, Elliott came back downstairs with a very sleepy Misty, practically handing her to Cordelia before taking off again. "What are we doin'?" Misty asked.

"I have no idea." Cordelia responded, Misty looking over at her confused as the older woman shrugged back at her.

The three piled into the car and Elliott typed the address into Cordelia's GPS, driving for a few minutes until they reached a cemetery. "Elliott, no. I am not going into a cemetery at 4am. Not only is that creepy, but I don't feel like going to jail tonight." Cordelia said as she shifted the car into park, turning to the girl in the backseat.

"We aren't hanging out in the cemetery, I'm not insane. We just have to cut through it to get to where we have to go." Elliott said as Cordelia threw her a look, "We can probably go around it if you want, but cutting through it is easier." Cordelia's stare didn't lessen, so she continued, "We won't go to jail, at least I don't think. I've never gone to jail. Do you trust me?"

Cordelia let out a sigh but nodded, getting out of the car. The three of them started the trek, Elliott taking the lead in front of them, weaving through the graves like she had a hundred times before. She stopped every few moments to wait for the older women to catch up, then took off once again. "Elle, slow down!" Cordelia yelled, glancing around her for any sign of security.

"Can't, you slow down the ghosts will get you!" Elliott yelled back, turning to look at the older woman and throw her a playful smirk before disappearing behind a crypt.

"She's right." Misty said as Cordelia glanced at her, now much more alert.

Cordelia threw a playful glare at the swamp witch, "Yea well if she keeps moving like that we're going to lose her and the ghosts really will get her." Misty laughed as Cordelia realized she had absolutely no idea where the young girl went, approaching the crypt as she yelled, "Elle?"

"Boo!" Elliott said as the two older women rounded the corner, effectively scaring the shit out of them as she giggled.

"Not funny." Cordelia said, her heart racing and her eyes wide.

"Relax, it's not like zombies will come out of their grave and eat us." Elliott said offhandedly.

"You haven't seen what I have." Cordelia responded as Elliott threw her a doubtful look.

"Ya said you've been here before?" Misty asked as Elliott nodded, once again moving haphazardly through the graves, "Shouldn't there be security stoppin' people from doin' this?"

"There used to be, but it was never very good. I knew the guy that did it, and he never had an issue with me wandering through, he had much bigger issues than a little kid. This cemetery has a lot of very old, very rich people, and it's a big one for grave robbing." Elliott answered.