Chapter 23

Elliott had been quite that whole evening, ever since she saw the memory. She wasn't sure how to bring it up or even if she should, she didn't want to stress Cordelia out even further. If Elliott knew this was going on then she should be able to handle it right? What could they possibly offer her that would make her turn her back on the coven? Then she thought about it, it wasn't exactly what they could offer her, more like what could they leverage against her. David was the first thing she thought of, he was vulnerable and unprotected, he was Elliott's weak spot. If they really were going to go after her, that would be the way to do it. But would she sacrifice her friends to just save him? Elliott didn't know, and she really didn't want to find out.

Cordelia noticed the girl was quiet and off, but she just attributed it to the burning, after all it wasn't an easy thing to witness, not even for her. She did her best to shield the girl from it, but earplugs could only go so far. This day had been a lot for all of them, and while Cordelia originally was against the whole idea, she was grateful she went through with it, that she was able to help the boys. She did have to admit her judgement was clouded, that she put Elliott above those boys, valued her safety more, and that was something she had to work on.

The five girls went out for dinner and Elliott stayed quiet throughout the whole thing, only offering responses when directly asked. No one really questioned it though, leaving her be, which she greatly appreciated. She knew she had to tell Cordelia what she knew, that she couldn't deal with this alone, but she was scared. She knew it would make Cordelia upset and worried and she didn't want that, but she also knew if she said nothing that Cordelia would be furious.

They all returned to the hotel room and Madison quickly decided they were going out, dragging along Zoe and Queenie. She tried to convince Cordelia to come but she declined, and off they went. Elliott hopped in the shower, knowing that after she got out she was going to have to tell Cordelia, and she made the shower last far longer than she should have, the water a lava like temperature. She finally forced herself to get out and dried off, walking out into the hotel room with her hair still dripping. Cordelia laughed slightly but then looked concerned, "Elle, you're bright red. What were you doing in there?"

Elliott looked down at her skin and realized just how hot the shower must have been. "I like hot showers." She said with a shrug.

"There's a difference between hot and boiling love. And since when do you take long showers? You were in there for a half hour." Cordelia said, laughing a little.

"I usually just stay in until the water gets cold, but the water stayed hot. I forgot how big their water tanks are." Elliott said, sitting on the bed.

"You ok? You've been quiet." Cordelia asked. Elliott's immediate reflex was to say she was fine, and she got the first part out before she stopped herself, which only made Cordelia more concerned. "Elle? What?"

"Um, when you were burning them earlier, I got a memory from the headmaster." Elliott started.

"And?" Cordelia asked, confused.

"And... he told the witch hunters about me. They know. I don't know exactly what it means but he basically said to make me an offer that I can't refuse to join them, and in trade they would leave the warlocks alone." Elliott said quickly, watching the color from the supreme's face drain as she spoke.

"He... told them?" Cordelia said quietly, starting to panic.

"But this could be nothing, right? I mean I'm not an asshole or an idiot, I wouldn't turn on you guys ever. They couldn't turn me like that." Elliott said, Cordelia already getting up and grabbing her phone, calling David.

"David I don't care; you're coming to stay at the house. No, I don't care about school, I'll pay for you to go online. Either you come willingly or I'll make you, and you know I can do it. Go right now, pack a bag, we can get the rest of your things later. David do not fight me on this, I'm not kidding." Cordelia said into the phone, Elliott only hearing half of the conversation. The two argued until Elliott texted David, telling him to do it, that this was serious, and she heard Cordelia let out a sigh as he complied, hanging up the phone and calling Misty to let her know that he was coming, relaying all the information. She finally hung up and made her way back to Elliott, sitting back down on the bed.