Chapter 50

"David, why won't you just tell me?" Elliott sighed, flopping back onto the boy's bed.

"Because it's none of your business." David said, laughing at Elliott's theatrical reaction. She had been pestering him since the moment she got up about his breakup, and she wasn't taking no for an answer.

"We're best friends, we tell each other everything." Elliott huffed, lifting her head only to throw him a glare.

"Not everything." David said.

"Was it because of me? Is that why you won't tell me?" Elliott asked bluntly, sitting up and staring at him.

"What could you have done?" David laughed, thinking the girl was joking before he glanced at her very serious face, "Elle, no. It wasn't you, I promise." The concern on Elliott's face didn't lift, so with a sigh David finally gave in, "We broke up because she found out that the last time we broke up, I got drunk and slept with someone else."

"Ok, but you were broken up?" Elliott said, confused. While this was very out of character for David, he wasn't really the type to sleep around, he didn't technically cheat on her, although it was a questionable choice. "I mean, I get her not exactly being happy about it, but you didn't cheat on her."

David winced, "Yea, but it was with a friend... the day after we broke up."

"Who?" Elliott asked, knowing David was holding some important information back. She knew every single one of his friends, and besides her they were all dudes.

"It's not important." David said quickly, knowing Elliott wasn't going to drop it like he wanted.

"Obviously it is, she dumped you." Elliott said, getting suspicious, "When did it happen?"

"Elliott..." David groaned, wishing just for once she wouldn't have to have all the information.

"What? You literally aren't making sense. Just tell me." Elliott said.

"Fine." David said abruptly, "I slept with Madison the night of your adoption."

Elliott tried her hardest to not look like she was just slapped across the face. "Oh." She said quietly, giving herself a chance to recover, "Why didn't you just say that?"

"She asked me not to tell you. It was a one-time thing; we both knew it was a mistake. She thought you would be upset." David explained, watching the young witches face carefully. Fortunately for Elliott, her poker face had gotten significantly better, and she was able to hide her burning anger well.

"It's whatever. It happens." Elliott said with a shrug, trying to come of nonchalant, "So is that your thing now? Anytime you two break up you get with another girl?"

"Elliott, what?" David said, "I slept with one girl."

"And you kissed me last night." Elliott stated, "Look, I know it was a dare and it didn't mean anything, but if you two get back together it's going to mean something for her. She already hates me."

"She doesn't hate you, and it was a dare, simple as that." David said. He didn't want to admit to Elliott that his girlfriend really didn't like her, that the majority of their fights centered around his relationship with her, so he told a white lie. It wasn't like he was planning on getting back together with her anyways.

"Alright, well next time wear a condom, ok?" Elliott said, trying to keep the snark out of her voice. It wasn't entirely successful based on the look David gave her, but she couldn't keep herself from making the dig. She was adopted three weeks ago, which lined up perfectly with Madison's pregnancy scare. Sure, it was possible Madison had slept with more than one person in that week, but the timing was something Elliott couldn't ignore.