Where We Stand After I Confess

Chapter 8-

Seamus stares at me, the snow being only thing moving around the two of us. He looks at me, staring into my eyes. We don't break our stare for what seems like forever.

"Seamus?" I ask, hoping he doesn't walk away. He stays silent, looking at me. We stay like this for what seems like an hour, but it's only a minute or so. Then he speaks.

"Evana," is all he says and he walks away. I look at him as he walks back into the school and I feel tears brim up. I blink and they come out, running down my face. I sprint into the school, running pass Fred and George, but I ignore them. I run all the way to the Gryffindor Tower, and up to my dorm room. I lie on my bed and let the tears make my pillow all wet. I cry and cry and cry until nothing comes out. I curl up and pull the covers over my head and close my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe-

Seamus walks back into the Great Hall, but I don't see Evana anywhere. Seamus sits down and stares blankly at the table. I look to the door to see if she Evana comes in late, like he raced her, but if he did, wouldn't he have waited? Not walked over alone, and if he had, why would he be staring into space like somethings wrong.

"Seamus, where's Evana?" I ask.

"Huh?" he asks, breaking his concentration.

"Where is Evana, Seamus?" I ask again.

"Oh, I'm not sure," he says and gets up. He walks out of the Great Hall and into the hallways.

"Where do you think she is?" I ask Hermione.

"Not sure," she says and continues to read a book she brought with her. I sigh and stare into space like Seamus did. I wonder what happened, all they did was go outside. What could have possibly happened? I ponder this question for a long time, but don't come up with anything. Dean gets up to leave and I get up to go with him.

"Where do you think she went?" I ask Dean.

"Not sure, but what I want to know is where Seamus has gone off to."

"Should we look for them?" I ask.

"I don't see any harm in that," Dean says and we go to the library. We pass a bunch of other kids, but no Seamus or Evana. We arrive at the library to see no Seamus nor Evana. I sigh and look at Dean.

"Should we just check the dormitories? Just in case? They could be there," I suggest and Dean nods. We walk briskly to Gryffindor Tower and make the Fat Lady swing open and climb through the portriat hole. Neither of them is in the common room so we decide to look in our dorms.

"You go look for Seamus in your room and I'll go look for Evana in our room. Meet back here when you are done looking. Got it?" I ask and Dean nods. We part and I head up to my dormitory and Dean heads to his. I get up to our room and see all of our bed are made and flat except for Evana's. I walk over and tap the "lump" lightly. Evana moves from under the covers and peeks her head out from under the covers to see my face, then dissappers back under them.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Leave me alone," she chokes out with a I've-been-crying-but-I'm-not-going-to-admit-it voice. I sigh and tap her shoulder then leave. Dean is back in the common room waiting for me.

"Nothing?" he asks.

"Something, Evana in her bed, covers over her, sounds like she's been crying. She won't talk though," I say. "Nothing for you I assume though."