Complicated Things Turn Into Perfect Things

Chapter 11-

I sit in the Great Hall for a while, when Chloe comes down and sits next to me.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks, breaking my concentration.

"Huh?"

She sighs, "What are you thinking about?" she asks again.

"Oh, nothing, I guess. Just..well..yeah." I sigh.

"Okay, something's on your mind. What is is?"

"Nothing," I say, this time more believably.

"Evana, I know your hiding something. What is it?"

"Nothing!" I insist.

"Alright, fine whatever," she says, throwing her hands up slightly and looking at me. I look back at the fire and we sit in silence, awkwardly. I get up after a while, deciding to go walk around. I honestly need to just walk around in the cold and sort out my thoughts. Chloe looks at me and I nod outside and she nods in understatement. She can tell that I want to be alone, which helps. I walk back outside and lay in the snow. I love the cold feeling, numbing my back. I close my eyes and let the cold air fly around me. I lay there for what seems like forever, letting myself relax. Then the thoughts of Seamus come and my relaxing state is gone.

Was he going to kiss me? What would I do if he actually had? I sigh and ponder that question for a long time. What would I have done? Would I have kissed him back? Would I have just been in so much shock that I would have pulled back? I breath deeply and wonder. For a long time I just think. My mind floats around, having me think of other questions and answers for them. Then pictures and memories come. The most frequent one is of Seamus, looking into my eyes, the moment he would have kissed me, then him pulling away. It becomes so frequent, that I open my eyes and see the bright white sky.

I pick up some snow and put it on my face, numbing it completely. It feels good, relaxing, something I need right now. I feel someones presence and I open my eyes to see who it is. It's Seamus and I sigh.

"What?" I ask and he sits down.

"Why are you out here, covering yourself in snow, in only a sweater?" he asks.

"Trying to clear my mind."

"Oh."

"Yeah," I sigh and close my eyes again. We sit in silence as I relax and he sits. After a while, I feel him move and I open my eyes to find him laying down as well. I laugh and he looks at me.

"What?" he asks.

"You!" I exclaim and laugh harder. He sighs and closes his eyes, just like me. We lay in realizing state and then I feel his hand move. It ends up touching mine and then somehow, my hand is in his. I freeze in place and look at him. He looks at me and smiles. His smile is perfect, not a tooth out of place, and it's angelic like. I sigh and realise I'm cold. So what does Seamus do when he notices? He moves closer to me and cuddles me. We are perfectly in place, when I realise something.

"Seamus, you realise that we're outside. Where people can see us," I say and he sits up, still holding my hand.

"Oh, well, we should go inside," he says and we get up, letting our hands drop to our sides. He starts walking, and I follow him. We enter the school again and decide to go upstairs, so that I can change into a new sweater and he can change as well. We enter Gryffindor Tower, where only a few older kids are relaxing, a few playing chess and a couple reading on the couches. I go up to my dorm and change into a new red sweater that has a heart stitched into it. I love it, since it's so warm. Typically, I wear it in February, but today is an exception. I go back downstairs and wait for Seamus. He comes down and we go to find a quiet place.