v: Plans

Ahsoka stood outside Nyx's apartment, wearing a casual dress Lux had bought for her when they first started dating. After that meeting with Anakin, however, she really just wanted to go to sleep.

She knocked on the door, and Nyx opened it within a matter of seconds.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, welcoming her inside. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"I think I'm okay, thank you." She took a step inside.

He gave her a once-over. "Mmmmm... I don't believe you. I know you want one."

She sighed. "Okay, but nothing too strong. After that dinner I just had, I really could use something to drink, anyway."

He closed the door behind her, hung up her coat, and led her to the kitchen. "Bad date?" he asked, not making eye contact. Was that a pang of jealousy she felt in him?

"Worse," she said, sitting at one of the stools by the countertop. "I had a meeting with a friend who's working with the authorities to investigate Maggie's murder."

He stopped what he was doing and turned around. "Wait, what? Maggie's dead?"

"Yes, unfortunately. I found her dead this morning when I went to open up the shop. There's an investigation going on now to figure out what happened, but it looks like there was foul play involved."

He resumed pouring the drinks. "Wow. That's crazy. Do they have any suspects?"

She shook her head. "There's still so much they don't know right now that it's impossible to point the blame at someone yet." He passed her a glass with what Ahsoka assumed to be some sort of spirit. She took a sip and was surprised by its fruity flavor. "Anything specific you have planned for tonight?" she asked.

"No, not really. I have some games and some movies on the holonet, or we can just talk. Whatever you want to do is fine with me."

"A movie sounds nice. I'm tired, anyway."

After helping Nyx pick a movie, Ahsoka sat down on the couch. Nyx sat beside her and pulled a blanket over them. As the movie progressed, Ahsoka sensed Nyx's focus wander from the movie to her. She wasn't used to feeling people's attention in that way, not since Lux. Being a Jedi meant that romantic love was out of the question, so she had never bothered to learn what it felt like until Lux came into her life. It felt warm and safe and calming with Lux, but Nyx...

Nyx was different. He felt like an adrenaline rush after jumping out of a gunship, or the fire she felt after completing a difficult mission. Was it love? She didn't know.

But she liked it.

He put his arm around her shoulders, and she rested her head on his shoulder. For a moment, all she could think of was Lux. She should be with him right now, having a pillow fight or throwing food at each other while cooking dinner. She felt guilty for leaving him, but she kept telling herself it was for the best. She wanted to be drinking while watching a movie with Nyx, not doing something silly with her ex-boyfriend.

The movie ended, and Ahsoka slowly sat up. "That was nice," she said. "I love a good happily-ever-after, no matter how cliche."

Nyx smiled and turned off the holo. "You know, Ashla, I really like spending time with you."

"Me too," she said. "About you, I mean."

"Good, or else this is going to be really awkward." He turned to face her, his gaze lingering on her lips.

He was going to kiss her. She wasn't sure she was ready for that just yet. Sure, they'd had their fun already, but did this mean he wanted to be something serious with her? It took her and Lux a long time to start being affectionate with each other, and she barely even knew Nyx.

Stop comparing Nyx to Lux, she said to herself. Nyx isn't Lux. I'm a different person now.

But she just couldn't bring herself to let him kiss her.

"I should probably get going," she said, standing up.

"Are you sure? If you stayed, we could-"

"I'm sure."

"Okay." He led her to the door and handed her her jacket. "Will I see you again soon?"

"Lunch tomorrow?" she asked. She was sure no one would care if she closed the store briefly to go eat. It's not like she had anyone else to cover her shift.

"Lunch tomorrow sounds perfect. I'll be there."

A/N: Hello! This one's a short one and I feel badly, so expect another update in a couple of hours!

On another note, I got an idea this morning for a new book. I already have a few songfics in my Luxsoka short story collection (Luxsoka: I'm Not So Bad), but I'm going to make a separate book for new ones. I don't usually take requests for several reasons, BUT today I'm going to make an exception! If you have a request for a particular song or songs you'd like me to do with a Star Wars pairing (luxsoka, anidala, and obitine only please!), leave a comment or PM me, and I'll see what I can do. Full disclaimer: Please keep the songs appropriate! I don't mind songs with some language (as long as it isn't really bad or anything), but nothing too suggestive.

Thank you so much for your comments, votes, and support!