xxvi: Judgement Day

Everything changed when the ship landed on Coruscant.

Senator Amidala took care of finding the families of the three children who had been taken. With nowhere better to go, Padme had insisted that they set up cots in the living room of the Amidala-Skywalker apartment for them. Anakin made sure that they would be well cared for in the ranks of the Jedi Order.

Rather than return to the lower levels, the offer to stay had been extended to Ventress as well. Though she was reluctant at first, she kept herself busy babysitting the children. It was freaky how well they got along. If Ahsoka didn't know better, she never would've guessed that Ventress was an ex-assassin.

Barriss went straight to prison as soon as they had arrived back. Nyx had broken her out in exchange for information about Ahsoka. Even though Barriss had defended Ahsoka twice since then, Anakin didn't want to take any chances. Ahsoka wasn't sure how to feel about that. Barriss did something terrible to her but did the right thing when it counted the most.

Lux hadn't left Ahsoka's side. He had moved all of his essentials out of his apartment and into Padme's former study, currently serving as Ahsoka's bedroom.

After talking to Anakin about her desire to rejoin the Jedi Order, the Ahsoka and Anakin hatched a plan for Ahsoka to restore her Jedi status without giving up her relationship with Lux. It was a bold plan, but it was the best option they had.

Exactly three days after they returned from Mustafar, Ahsoka stood in the center of the Jedi Council chamber, her former masters surrounding her. It felt strange to be back, especially after what happened the last time she stood before them. Now, though, they had no power over her. Her fate was in her own hands, where it should've been from the start.

"Former Padawan Tano, excited we are, that you have decided to return to the Jedi Order. Realize, we do, that our actions were wrong, and thankful, we are, that you wish to rejoin us," Master Yoda said.

Master Windu leaned forward in his chair before he spoke. "The information you have about this Sith assassin is invaluable. As soon as we finish with formalities, it's critical that the Council hear your full report on this case."

Ahsoka smiled. Anakin had been right; they were taking her for granted. It seemed that Master Windu cared more about the information she possessed than her coming back to the Order give it to them in the first place. It was a good thing she came prepared.

"Of course, Master Windu, but if that's going to happen, I have a two requests. Think of it as an insurance policy that you're not going to take the information and spit me out like last time."

Obi-Wan's hand moved to cover his mouth. She could tell that he was fighting back a grin. Anakin must've told him about the plan before the meeting.

"We'll do our best to accommodate your wishes Padawan," Master Mundi said. "You have our word."

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "I don't think she was giving a choice, Master Mundi. This information is too valuable to let go, and given everything this council has already done to Ahsoka, I think it's only fair that we honor whatever she asks. It's going to be a while before we earn her trust back as it is."

"Agree, I do," Yoda said.

Maybe this was going to be easier than she anticipated.

Windu shook his head. He didn't agree, but Yoda's word was final in this case. "Very well. Two requests, Padawan Tano. No more."

"Perfect." Now came the fun part. She walked over to the door and opened it, revealing Anakin and Lux, bewilderd expressions plastered across their faces. She wasn't supposed to see them until after she talked to the Council, but she had a slight change of plans in mind. She led them inside to the center of the room and crossed her arms.

She cleared her throat. "We could've lost both of these men to a crazy serial killer, which could've been prevented. Their lives were put in danger because the Council refused to get involved. Since the Council disregarded the principle that Jedi should help people and directly put both of their lives at risk, I think each of them deserve to break one principle in return. First things first."

She turned around and looked at Lux, who was doing his best not to freak out. He'd never seen that many Jedi in one place before, and she could tell he felt really out of place. In hindsight, she probably should've told him about the plan beforehand so he wasn't completely in the dark. Too late now.

She grabbed his shirt and aggressively pulled him in for a kiss. She ignored the audible gasp of the Council as she kissed him hard. He was reluctant to kiss her back, probably because of all the eyes watching them, but she knew he couldn't resist. She pulled away and stifled laugh when she saw his confused expression.

She turned back to face the Council. "Senator Bonteri and I are together, and we will remain together without punishment or scrutiny from the rest of the Order."

"That's clearly violating the rules against romantic attachment," Master Mundi said.

"Yes," Ahsoka replied. "But if you want my information about this assassin, you take me as I am."

She made eye contact with Master Windu. After a few seconds locked in a death stare, he looked away, and Ahsoka knew she had won.

"Great! Now that we have that one out of the way, get your best robes ready! There's going to be a wedding!" The bewilderment apparent in the faces of the Council members was the funniest thing Ahsoka had ever seen, and she'd seen the trooper Fives drunk on multiple occasions. "Master Skywalker will be granted the same immunity as me and will be allowed to publicly marry anyone he chooses without forfeiting his rank or privileges within the Jedi Order and the Grand Army of the Republic."

She glanced at Anakin, who had turned as red as her starfighter. 

"Those are my terms, Masters," she concluded, awaiting a response.

Obi-Wan and Anakin made eye contact. This had been the riskier of the two asks, and both of them knew it. She held her breath as she waited for an answer.

After what felt like the longest pause of her life, Master Yoda finally spoke. "Accept your terms, we do. Back into the Order, you may come."

Ahsoka's face lit up. It had worked! Anakin held out his hand, her silka beads resting in the palm of his hand. "Welcome back, Ahsoka."

The Council members stood up around them and began to mingle, meaning that the meeting was over.

She fastened the beads in their place behind her lekku and wrapped her arms around her master in a big hug. She didn't realize she was crying until she took a step back and looked up at Anakin. She doubted the smile on his face would disappear any time soon.

She turned to Lux and pressed her lips to his. The kiss was wetter than usual—probably because she was crying—but she knew he was feeling the same happiness and excitement for what their future held.

After she walked away from the Order, she was broken and alone. It had been a hard few months since then with many trials and challenges, but in the end, with her master and her love by her sides, she knew it had all been worth it.

~

A/N: That's a wrap on In the End! Thank you all so much for your comments and support!!! You guys are the best :)

The sequel will be up sometime this week. I'll make an announcement on my message board so you won't miss it!

Until then, have a great day, and may the force be with you!