xi: News Article

After a brief lunch at the Amidala-Skywalker apartment, Ahsoka was on her way to meet Nyx for the remainder of the afternoon. She was still wary of straying too far from her master's reach with everything going on, but she knew she could look after herself just fine if an issue arose.

She felt a little badly for walking out on him last night, but her reasoning was perfectly justifiable. To be honest, she'd rather have a panic attack with Anakin there to support her. If Nyx had an issue with it, that was his problem.

She knocked on the door. Nyx opened it almost immediately. "Hey, Ashla." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Come on in."

"I'm actually on my way to the shop," she said. She was taking more time off than usual, which mean that her work was beginning to pile up. "I came to see if you wanted to keep me company while I finish up the last of the repairs."

He shrugged. "I mean, I guess I could. I could stand some fresh air, anyway."

It wasn't long before Ahsoka was underneath a speeder, fixing a loose screw while Nyx leaned against the wall, twirling a screwdriver.

"Where did you even go last night?" He asked. "You said you were staying and then a second later, you wanted to leave."

Ahsoka was thankful he couldn't see her face. "I had something come up that required my attention. Sorry it was so sudden."

"Am I just not good enough for you, then?" He asked. "Because usually when people say something like that, it means you hooked up with your ex."

"No, no, it's not like that." She reassured him. She supposed it was only fair she told him she'd seen Lux. Maybe it would bring him peace of mind to know that any chance of them getting back together was gone. "Funny you say that, though, because I did run into my ex this morning."

"Really?" He sounded more aggravated than surprised. "And what was that all about?"

"It wasn't very pleasant to say the least. Hopefully, I won't ever see him again."

"Good, because you're mine now, not his." He paused, and Ahsoka could see the gears in his mind turning. "He seems like bad news. I don't want you talking to him anymore, got it?"

That wasn't going to be a problem. She didn't really want to talk to Lux, either. "Okay. Don't worry, him and I are done."

"You said he worked for a senator, right? He was probably some entitled rich kid, anyway. At least I work for the things I have."

Ahsoka didn't think that was fair of him to say, especially since he'd never met Lux and didn't know a thing about him. Rather than fight him on it, though, she kept her mouth shut. She had a lot on her mind, and getting into an argument with her current boyfriend about her ex boyfriend was an unnecessary drama to add to her plate.

She worked in silence for another few minutes until she finished working on the speeder. When she slid out from underneath it, Nyx was nowhere to be found.

"Well, that explains the silence," she muttered to herself.

Something felt out of place. There was a ripple in the force. A small cry for help.

"Nyx?" she called out. When there was no reply, she began to worry. What if Barriss had found him?

She jogged out of the hangar over to the reception area. Nyx was sitting on top of the desk, flipping through news articles on a holopad.

Ahsoka stopped and placed her hands on her hips. At least he was okay. Who's cry for help had she heard, then?

"Anything interesting in the news today?" she asked. She could really use some good news.