~ The Assignment ~

~months prior-

Ahsoka sat in the copilot's seat of the Twilight with her feet up on the controls, much to her master's disdain.

"Ahsoka, we're going to drop out of hyperspace any second now. Are you sure you're up for this mission?"

"Absolutely, Master," she said. "It's going to be a refreshing break from all the action for a change. I'm already relaxed."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "Don't get too relaxed, Snips. We still have a job to do."

She put her feet down and sat up. "I know, but I really don't think there's going to be too much action on this one. That already happened, remember?"

He sighed. The light signaling that they were about the drop out of hyperspace flashed, and Ahsoka couldn't help but smile. It was going to be an interesting couple of weeks, for sure.

They landed the ship, and Ahsoka put on her cloak.

"Remember," her master said, "Purpose must come before feelings. Just because we're here for a while without a lot of action doesn't mean you need to create some to fill the void."

She crossed her arms. "Don't worry, Master. Beating you at Dejarik is plenty exciting."

As they disembarked, a couple of familiar faces were there to greet them.

"Master Skywalker and Commander Tano, welcome back to Onderon! We're so grateful that you're here," King Dendup said.

Ahsoka smiled when her eyes met Lux's who stood beside him. He looked the same as when she'd seen him last: the floppy hair, dreamy eyes, calming smile...

"Isn't that right, Commander Tano?" Anakin said, elbowing her subtly.

"Oh, um, of course."

Anakin gave her a disapproving look. She made her best apologetic face. Purpose must come before feelings. She hadn't even been on Onderon for five minutes and she was already letting her mind wander too far.

"It's settled, then," King Dendup said. "Commander Tano, you will stay with Senator Bonteri, and Masted Skywalker will stay in the palace with me. Our leadership will be vulnerable to Separatist assassination plots until we become official members of the Galactic Republic. That is why it's essential for both of you to lay low. Understood?"

"Of course," they said in unison. Anakin smirked, and Ahsoka blushed.

"Ahsoka, remember what we talked about," Anakin said. "I'm just a call away if you need anything."

"Yes, Master. We'll be careful. I promise."

"Senator Bonteri," the King said, "Do make sure your guest is well taken care of. She has done Onderon a great service."

"Yes, your majesty. I'd have it no other way."

It didn't take long for Ahsoka and Lux to reach the cottage they would be living in for the next few weeks. It was not too far from Iziz, but it was far enough removed that it was quiet. The cottage sat on a small lake surrounded by trees. It was smaller than Ahsoka thought it would be, but it looked like it had been recently built.

The ride to the cottage had been silent. The awkwardness between them was still very present. Ahsoka wasn't sure if it was because of what happened to Steela, or maybe it was just the premise of the assignment. Being Lux's personal bodyguard seemed a little overkill, but Ahsoka would never turn down an opportunity to spend more time with him.

It was pointless for her to try to deny her feelings for him anymore. Yes, she was a Jedi, which meant she couldn't act on them. However, her master had reassured her that it was normal to feel that way, especially at her age.