Chapter 2: The Challenge

"What?! How could you, a gangly retarded deer Devil be able to take on the Old Devil Faction?"

"Ah yes I forgot. Your family never subscribed to my radio channel, so they're DREADFULLY unaware of my feats. To answer your rude question, I'm more powerful than I look. For example."

He snaps his fingers, and a fiery portal opens up. The devils go slack jawed as they watch Tannin stick his head through the portal.

"Ah, hello Master Alastor."

"Tannin my boy! How are ya!"

"Quite fine, and you?"

"Quite good. Sorry for bothering you, I just need to show these ignorant brats who they're messing with."

"Ah. Alright, well, see you soon."

He ducks his head back through the portal.

"I trained Tannin to be the current Dragon that he is today. All of his spells come from me. Soooooo, Phenex."

"Still wanna take me on

"Still wanna take me on."

"Yes! Riser shall show you that we're superior!"

"Very well. Grayfia, would you ever so kindly inform Sirzechs about this... occurrence."

"R-right."

She teleports away. Alastor then comfortably sits down one of the sofas.

"So dear cousin, where is your peerage."

Rias gestures to her members.

"Ohohoho... you're gonna need more than that. Where is the little half-vampire boy, Gasper?"

"His... powerful is a bit too much for him to control so we sealed him away."

Alastor's smile dips a bit.

"Not surprised. At your current level, you wouldn't even be able to."

"Hey!"

"I'm not wrong am I? I hate to admit it, but if you go through with a Rating Game, there's a high chance you'll lose. You spend too much time horsing around and not enough time training. For example, every weekend you could actually FUCKING use that mountain house and train. You act like a bunch of students with a big deadline coming up. You only work hard the week before."

The Devils wince at his harsh statements. With another flash, Grayfia reappears, along with Sirzechs, who glares at his cousin. Alastor stands up.

"Cousin Sirzechs! How are ya?"

"Don't fool around. Why are you challenging Riser?"

"Hhhmmmmm. Well maybe it's because you and Uncle are indecisive shit heads who only care about themselves."

"That's not true!"

"Then why have you ignored her one wish of deciding who she wants to marry? You are in some ways no better than the Old Satan Faction, and I watched them for years. So I know what I'm talking about. And there's also the stuff relating to her," he says pointing to Koneko, who frowns, "and her sister and former master. Oh, what a juicy well of stories for the radio."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh? You mean your were never informed, dear cousin Rias? Well, as you know, Koneko's sister seemingly went mad with power. Seemingly. Well, I don't hate to break it to ya, but their former master was a stereotypical mad scientist. He was experimenting on his peerage members, hoping to create a sort of "super Devil". Here's his notes."

    He summons a notebook, and dangles it in front of Koneko's face. She makes a grab for it, but he snatches it back.

"Ah, ah ah. This has stuff that is not suitable for young kids like you."

He pats her head, before standing up straight and sending the book away.

"Now, cousin. What do you'd au about our duel?"

He points to himself, then Riser.

"Yes. As long as you promise that they'll still do a Rating game!"

"Sure! Only if you release the little vampire boy and allow me to train him along with the others."

"Fine."

Alastor grins, before he and Sirzechs shake hands.

"Well then, off to free the vampire boy we go!"