The Late Christmas

A/N: a story idea to make up for my late and laziness and f/j/g stand for favourite gem or jewel

You were mad, no doubt about it. it was now the tenth of January, and you had had a sad little Christmas celebration with the remaining avengers. Basically just Wanda, Wade (even though he's still not an Avenger) and Pietro. Literally every other avenger was out, doing some kind of mission or nonsense that required them to be out on Christmas. 

Unacceptable, so rude and no matter how many excuses are made, you probably will never forgive them for forgetting about one of your favourite days of the year. Something that you always look forward to, because the Avengers actually don't know your birthday. 

Just a precaution, but also you grew up in a rough place where your birthday was a favourite day of torture for your family. Honestly, over time, it was easier just to pretend that you didn't have one. 

 Needless to say, you were all kinds of pissed off when you heard the Quinjet landing, cars pulling up and a helicopter too. The four of you just sat in front of the Christmas tree, staring at the untouched presents while footsteps ran up and downstairs, then back down, then back up. you sighed, stretching your legs out in front of you and leaning back against the couch. The fairy lights on the tree were blinking lazily, before starting up some kind of furious rainbow cascading down from the top. 

The Avengers finally walk into the room, well, more of a shuffle, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and Ugg boots, smiling sheepishly and bearing more gifts (Tony). 

"Thanks for finally showing up," Wade says, throwing his legs over yours. You shift so that they fall off, then flick your hair into his face. 

"I'm sorry, since when do you live here?" Tony asks, shoving the last-minute gifts under the tree. 

"Since Pietro, Y/n and I didn't want to be that alone for Christmas day, which was when you all said that you would be back on," Wanda says, tugging up her fluffy socks even further, before reaching for a present. 

"Sit down, let's get started," Pietro says, grabbing cards and a few smaller brightly packaged gifts. The others, (Tony, Steve, Nat, Clint, Bruce, and Sam), looking to each other apprehensively, before slowly joining you on the floor. Nat and Clint sit down next to Wade, who is sitting next to you. On your other side are the Sokovian twins, who are joined by Steve, tony and Bruce. Sam sits down next to Natasha, who is using Clint as a shield against Wade. 

Wanda hands one to you, and after looking at the label on the paper, you hand it across to Natasha. She smiles at the paper; white with little black spiders with giant smiles wearing Santa hats, and she rips it open. Inside the box is a semi-thick bracelet, almost a band, that has been strung with identical charms that are almost miniatures of her widow bites. 
"We made you a fancy version of your widow bites that you could wear discreetly," you explain, showing her how they work and how to activate them in a rush. 

"Thank you," Nat says, then proceeds to slip it on her wrist. You then reach forward to a thin package, then hand it to Wade. He barely looks at it before tearing off the paper to reveal the masterpiece. 

A Hello Kitty inspired katana - two of them. 

The top of the hot pink handle had two cat ears, one of them with the signature bow, and the handle was wrapped with a white ribbon with black dots. 

The ultimate weapon for a mercenary with a love for everything impractical. (Seriously, who uses a tide pen to get out a large stain? Let alone blood, in a public area?)

He hugged the sheaths to his chest, whispering that he loved them. You just laughed. 

So it continued like that, everyone giving each other presents, laughing at every gag one and inspecting all the precious ones. 

So far, you had gotten an improved set of your favourite weapons, a silver/gold necklace with an (f/g/j) hanging at the end of it and a whole bunch of books that you wanted and frames with stupid pictures of you and the Avengers screwing around. In a lot of them, they all look worse than you. the only ones that don't are the ones where Thor is shirtless, because you were at the beach. 

Yeah, you were having a really good time. No one was pranking each other, no one was making fun of each other, until Wade. 

Because you can put Wade in the compound, but you can't... well... stop Wade from being Wade. 

Out of nowhere, he grabs Cap's new shield, backflips over the couch and runs down the hall.  You all look to each other in an exasperated way. It was too early, yet too late for this shit.