Gamora Part 2

A/n: This takes place the next day, when there's a party celebrating the downfall of Thanos. I probably should've mentioned this in the last chapter, but oh well. 

Hiding in your room from the Avengers was surprisingly easy. But now you can't avoid them, because you're expected to be  there, drinking and talking to the other Avengers, and your friends. You've only allowed Peter into your room, because weirdly enough, he is the person you're closest to, ever since Gamora-past died. You just talked about past missions nonstop, then he forced you to get ready; hell, the guy bought you a dress and did your hair for you and did your make-up. The dude has style, you have to admit. 

Your hair

Your eyeshadow: 

Your eyeshadow: 

Your dress:

Quill thought it would funny if you almost matched Gamora's skin tone, but you didn't think it so

Quill thought it would funny if you almost matched Gamora's skin tone, but you didn't think it so. Either way, you knew that you looked good, and the green complimented your skin and made your eyes stand out more. 

But really? The fabric is so flimsy and would definitely be shredded in any fight that might happen, there is absolutely no protection to the vulnerable parts of your body and your midriff is permanently on display. 

If someone or something was to attack the party tonight, despite all of your training, you might die. 

Oh well. Then at least you'd never have to confront Gamora about what happened between you and dead-past-future Gamora. 

You look at yourself in the mirror in your room, breathing deeply. All weapons are banned from the event, but you know where yours are hidden in the main room, incase of an attack. Stark made sure to hide a whole bunch of them all around the place, as well as having his suit imbedded with the nanotech he's been working on. 

Your hands form fists, then release. You hold your head high. Slowly, you force every negative emotion out of your posture, out of your eyes, until there's a smirk resting on your face, and your eyes would seem alight with mischief to anyone who looks at you. Rolling your shoulders, you turn, walk out the door and nearly run into Mantis. She's wearing a green dress too, but it's a lot darker than yours, and trails out behind her whereas yours goes no further than your ankle. 

"Hello, Y/n." She says, smiling her awkward smile. "How are you?"

 "Ready to get drunk and make fun of someone," you say, looking down at her. "What about you?" 

"I'm good." 

Simple replies were the only kind that you ever got from Mantis. You rolled your eyes, and together the two of you made your way into the main room. 

You had to stop just to take it in. It was elegantly decorated, looking less like an entry way and more like a ballroom straight out of some Terran movie. Thankfully, the entrance the two of you had arrived in had the rest of the Guardians (minus Gamora, Quill still can't seem to find her), and there were no stairs to do one of those dramatic entrances. 

Peter looks you up and down playfully. "Dressed for a certain someone's attention are you, Y/n?" 

"Say something like that to me again and I'll destroy any chance you have of finding a date tonight." 

Drax laughs, and Rocket does his weird raccoon smirk thing.

"I am Groot. (Break his nose)" The teenage tree says. 

"If he says something like that again, it'll be more than a broken nose he has to contend with." you reply, grinning. Quill throws his hands in the air, clearly exasperated, and mumbling swear words and whining about how unfair his life is under his breath. He starts to walk forward into the mix of the original Avengers, as well as those recruited after Ultron and Civil War. The rest of you follow, because while you torment him, he is still your leader, and you still respect him. 

You wander aimlessly towards the Wakandans, striking a conversation with Shuri. The two of you talk about her new projects a lot, and have grown close since. You were just laughing at something she said when you notice her eyes flick to something behind you. Tilting your head at her in question, you turn around. 

Your jaw drops. 

Gamora is standing in the door way, wearing a strapless dress that looks more like one piece of black fabric wrapped tightly around her body, and hiding absolutely nothing. She actually did something with her hair for once, silver clips in the shape of (your favourite animal) pinning her curls away from her eyes. She still is wearing her boots, but  then again, so are you, and her arms are wound in slivery chains to her elbows, almost like gloves. 

Distantly, you are aware that Shuri slipped away, but you are most definitely only focusing on the Gamora as she walks to wards you. Fuck. 

You've been staring. 

And now you're in deep, deep shit.