𝐈

or "sleepover"

-

-

11.26 pm

"No. No fucking way, Max!" the brunette called, his lashes falling, hiding his hazel irises. His cheeks were turning a slight pink just thinking of the idea.

"Come on, Will! It'll be amazing!" Max called in a pleading voice, flipping her orange hair back.

"Jane, back me up," She called to her friend, sitting behind her on the bed. Jane smiled brightly, tucking strands of her brown hair behind her ear awkwardly.
"I think it'll be fun," she said quietly, flashing her smile at Will.

"You guys are totally crazy," Will said. He looked at his two best friends. both of them were looking at him with pleading in their eyes, and he had to swallow a smile of his own.

It was totally crazy, even outrageous.

But actually, why not?

9.15 pm (aka, earlier that night)

" Pizza's here!" Max exclaimed, jumping on the bed right next to Will and throwing the tray of hot pizza in the middle carelessly.

She was dressed in her blue-pink striped pajamas, her long fiery hair flowing behind her free and unruly as ever. 
Jane, who had been busy reading her magazine lying at their feet, closed it and opened the tray immediately. taking a slice. The green flannel shirt that served as her pajamas was tucked into a pair of long black sweats, her short hair tied back on her neck.

"I missed this!" Max called, putting her head on Will's shoulder fondly, "We really have to do this more often." It was her catchphrase; they literally did this every single weekend.

Will nodded anyway, taking a slice of his own.  He reached down and fondly messed up her hair, causing her to slap his hand.

It didn't feel weird, being like this with the two girls. They had been his best friends, his only friends, since forever. It was routine; there was nothing in the world he'd be embarrassed to tell Jane and Max. They were family.

"You guys are coming to my party next week, right?" Max asked, looking at her friends.
"Of course!" Jane said, exactly at the same time Will said
"Would you be really upset if I don't go?" 

"Why?? Byers, you're my best friend! I need you there," She pouted, and he smiled awkwardly.
"But I don't know anyone... It'll be so awkward!" 

Will, although had lived in Hawkins his whole life, had been going to a school further away- a "school for excellency," or whatever. When the year started up in two weeks , he was going to finally be joining Jane and Max in Hawkins High for their junior year. 

He was tired of taking such a long bus to school everyday and besides, he wanted to be closer to his friends. He was super lonely at his school.

"It's a good chance for you to get to know them, you'll be spending the next two years with them..." Jane said smartly. Will knew she was right, but he really didn't want to.
He hated big groups of people, and being the new guy at a party seemed somehow worse than being the new kid on the first day of school.