𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

or "sunflower boy"

-

-

The next day- still no answer. Mike kept writing and writing- but she never even logged on again.

He couldn't help replaying their conversations in his mind. Their conversations- when he realized he had finally found someone to talk to, actually talk to, to tell  everything he was feeling. She was where he went to escape. And now she was gone.

Mike knew it was stupid, but he kept going on her Instagram. Looking at her profile picture, re-reading their conversations...

But the more he looked around on her profile... The more something seemed wrong.

He couldn't put his finger on it. Was it the complete lack of posts, the lack of any stories? Was it the fact that out of her 320 followers, she only followed him back?

Like he was one to talk. Mike had 7 Instagram followers: Hazel, Max, Jane, Lucas, Dustin, Nancy, and his Aunt Rachel. He had one post, from 2017, of himself with sunglasses and the caption stating #style.

It had 2 likes.

Who was he to judge Hazel's social media? Just because she wasn't active didn't mean there was something wrong.

But, he also couldn't find her last name. Couldn't find her on any other platform. She seemed to only exist on that one, "my relationship status? Netflix, Oreos and sweatpants", account. Her face smiling at him from that small profile picture.

How could he think that? He had met her, he saw her at the party. He knew she was real.

So why did a million alarm bells ring in his head?

11.27 am

He couldn't take it anymore. Something was wrong.

But how could he find out? Max. Max was the only one who knew Hazel- Hazel was Max's friend from camp! He could find out from her! It was an okay time to visit on a Sunday, right? 
He texted her, just in case: Coming over. b there in a few

It would be easier by phone, but he wanted to do something. He wanted to feel like he was working to get her back. He wanted to talk to her face to face.

He practically leaped out of bed, throwing on the first items of clothes he could find. He grabbed his phone and a sweatshirt, and went downstairs.

"Going out!" He yelled into the living room, not sure who was even awake, and went outside.

He was optimistic: Finally, he could do something. Maybe Max would even give him her phone number!

It was a pretty long walk. He kept forgetting that Max lived on the other side of the town, he probably should've brought his bike or something... He didn't feel like turning back. The streets were pretty empty, so he didn't feel guilty playing a YouTube video without headphones- which he had forgotten in his rush.

11:45 am

He was about 3/4 of the way to Max's house when he saw Will.