𝐈𝐗

or "Pansy"

-

-

10.25 am

"So- umm, I guess this is goodbye," Mike said when they were finally standing at the door of Will's next class. 

"Yeah," Will muttered, feeling awkward again. They had talked a little during class, but he really didn't want him to leave. Sadly, Mike smiled and turned away.

"Wait, Mike!" Will called, and so Mike did.

"You forgot your airpod," Will smiled, pulling the small white object out of his ear and handing it to Mike.

Mike stepped forward to grab it, and Will felt a shiver of excitement as his fingers fluttered over his open palm.

"So, I'll see you later!" Mike called, a small wave, another hint of a smile- and he was gone down the hall.

Will sighed, and stepped into the classroom- where he was immediately attacked by Jane and Max.

"How was it?? Do you like Hawkins High???"
"Oh my god, you had Mr. Brown- he's soo dreamy, isn't he??" 

They squealed in his ear,  making his head spin.

"Relax, guys!" He laughed, "where are we sitting?"

"I called dibs on sitting next to you, next class Jane is-" Max chatted, leading him to a seat in the second to last row. 

Max sat down in the chair next to him, whole Jane took residence in the row behind them. She leaned almost all the way over the desk to hear what they were saying.

"So how was it?" Jane asked, and they both stared at him with anticipation. 
"It was English class..." Will said, laughing slightly, "What do you want me to say? that it was world-changing spectacular?" 

"You're such a debbie downer!" Jane sighed, flicking the back of his head, "I meant more how were the kids, do I have anyone to kill?"

Will shrugged. "No one really talked to me, except Mike and this guy Lucas?" 

Max nodded, "yeah, makes sense. Lucas is really awesome, isn't he?"

"I only just met him," Will cocked his head at her. Jane laughed.

"Yeah, Max just has a giant crush on him so..." Max turned to her, red-faced and a furious look in her eyes.

"Oh, he's that guy!" Will said, but before Max could respond a teacher entered the room and math class started. Jane was forced to lean back, out of earshot, and Max and Will were left to talk in hushed voices.

"Was Mike nice? I like him a lot, but he can be a bit of an ass sometimes," Max asked.

"Umm- yeah, he was nice," Will blushed for no reason whatsoever, "But I met him already, remember?" 

Max slapped her forehead.

"Right!! He's that guy at the party who-" she started, but Will looked around at the packed classroom and shushed her, nodding.