𝐗𝐗𝐈

or "that gross couple"

-

-

From then on, they were inseparable. 

It wasn't a conversation, they never sat down and decided they were dating. They just were. They walked around the school holding hands everywhere they went. Mike walked Will to every class, and every time they parted they shared a kiss that made Mike's heart dance.

After school, they'd just hang out. It didn't matter where: Sometimes it was Will's house, sometimes Mike's, sometimes at the mall or at the park. They didn't care, as long as they were together.

Sometimes, Mike saw Troy or James sending them weird looks- but he couldn't care less. He was proud of Will, and he didn't care about them. He knew Will didn't either, but the broken nose didn't leave Mike's head.

He went from skipping gym every week to not missing a class, standing so close to Will they might've looked like Siamese twins. He couldn't help it- he needed to protect him. He needed Will to feel safe.

They've been that gross couple for what now- five, six months? Mike didn't know, he wasn't counting. He just knew that he never got tired of having Will around. 

Winter indoor dates changed into spring picnics, and those changed into early summer naps under the big tree in Will's yard. Will loved the outdoors, loved the sun. That day he found him under that tree was the way Will liked to spend every sunny afternoon. Mike had never been one to step outside his bed unless he absolutely had to, but he'd sleep in the hot June sun everyday if Will asked him to.

Will wasn't only his boyfriend, he was his best friend too.

He could talk to Will, talk to him in a way he hadn't been to talk to anyone in a very long time. Not since her. He was special, he was like no other person  Mike had ever met.

And when Mike got to brush Will's hair away from his face before kissing him, he felt like the luckiest guy in the world.

5.43 pm

It was a hot, rainy June day. 

The whole group was sitting in Mike's basement, like always. They were too hot and tired to really do anything: So they were just sprawled out, listening to the rain hit the walls over and over again. There was a lazy feel in the air.

Lucas and Max were making out in the corner- yeah, that was another new thing. Dustin had finally had enough of their endless flirting, and basically yelled at Lucas to get his head out of his own ass and ask her out already.

Maybe the fact that she had been there left him no choice, but either way they had been dating for about 2 months.

Jane, Will, and Dustin were sitting on the carpet playing poker, and Mike was just sitting on the couch, staring at his phone. 

Will's head was on Mike's lap as he played, and Mike was stroking his head mindlessly. Will was wearing Mike's grey hoodie, even with the warmth, and Mike loved that more than anything. Every time Will came over he stole a hoodie, that he wore almost everyday, and Mike didn't mind in the slightest- though his mom's wallet probably did, and she got mad at him for "losing" so many clothes.