I Can't Expect You To Love Me, If I Can't Even Love Myself

A/n: I apologize for my bad chapter names

Also media's in reference to that Batman shirt mentioned earlier

Boring little filler, sorry
*****
Luke avoided another treacherous music theory class, escaping into the empty art room a few doors down. It was silent, and he was alone, so he pulled out his phone and leaned back against the wall, startled at the sniffles and broken sobs.

He frowned and ducked his head, catching sight of a pair of converse clad feel, knees brought up to whoever was behind the covered tables chest. Luke frowned, recognizing the long fingers that lowered to tie a shoelace.

"Ashton?"

"L-lu-l-u-uke"

Ashton was crying so hard that his stutter was barely coherent, his choppy words causing Luke to cringe.

"Uhm, you good buddy? I mean clearly not, but do you wanna talk?"

Luke didn't let him answer, gently sitting beside him, unsure how to comfort the sobbing boy. He eventually laced his fingers with Ashton's, and while it was meant to be friendly and comforting, it caused Ashton's heart to jump.

"What's wrong Ashton?"

"N-no-nothing"

"Why are you crying?"

"C-cause I-I'm not nor-normal"

"Here, eat some Doritos, they always make me happy"

Luke found the half eaten Dorito package in the pocket of his jacket, and held it to Ashton, who accepted one with shaky hands. Luke watched him nibble it, before he posed a question for further answers.

"What do you mean not normal, no one is"

"B-but I....I'm gay a-and R-Ryan called me a f-faggot and s-aid I'm not n-normal, that n-no o-one wants me"

"I do, I think you're great"

"R-really"

Luke smiled, and watched as Ashton sniffles and wiped his eyes on his sleeves. Luke hated that too, how his sleeves of his sweater were huge and floppy and in the way. But again, he shut his mouth, and let Ashton be.

"Uhm, s-so, w-would you maybe wanna go out w-with me?"

Shit.

Luke looked over at Ashton, who's cheeks were bright pink, and tried to process the question. It no big deal, except Ashton had asked him out, and he couldn't say no, because he didn't wanna hurt him, but saying yes wasn't right either because Luke wouldn't mean it.

But Luke's a fine actor...maybe he could fake the date. Perfect, except he'd wanted to ask our Sierra. He'd been planning it for a while, and while he figured he could wait a little longer, he'd didn't want her to get the impression he was with Ashton.

But he really didn't have a choice.

"Yea, i'd love to"

Maybe Luke was going to regret it, but the smile that lit up Ashton's face made it worth it...a tiny bit.
*****
The so called "date" was one of the worst nights of Luke's life.

To start, Sierra asked him if he wanted to grab coffee earlier, and he had to pass her up, which left him slightly bitter.

Secondly, Ashton was getting on Luke's nerves, his irritating habits driving Luke near mad.

The stuttering, the blushing, the floppy sleeves and now, Luke noticed, he'd scrunch his nose and squint, because his glasses were broken. It wasn't cute.