They All Leave Anyways

Luke lost the love of his life yesterday.

For 6 whole minutes and 43 seconds. They were 6 minutes of pure hell, as Luke violently sobbed in the cheap plastic chairs, they attempted to send shocks through Ashton's body, and restart his heart.

Luke couldn't think of anything other than Ashton, and was in so much pain, that he hadn't even thought to call anyone other than the paramedics. He'd held Ashton's limp bloody body as distant sirens pierced through the the sky, horrible screams ripping from Luke's throat.

Everything hurt, as Luke chewed his nails raw, desperately waiting for any news. He wasn't sure what broke his heart more, the fact that his last words to Ashton had been so harsh, or the fact that he may never say anything again.

5 minutes and 13 seconds passed, and Luke was an anxious mess, hot tears pooling onto the sleeves of his shirt as his body racked with sobs. He sat curled up, small and broken in the buzzing hospital.

It was busy, with people moving around, however, Luke's world was still. Each moment passed painfully so, the anxiety building up faster every second.

Luke could've really used some comfort right then, and he didn't care who it was from, but he longed for Ashton's touch.

At the 6 minute mark, Luke's world felt like it was collapsing around him, and he didn't think he'd be able to hold on a second longer. Luke felt like he was about to combust, and if he didn't hear anything, he wouldn't survive.

43 seconds later, relief ran through the nurses and doctors just across the hall, as Ashton Irwin's heart miraculously started. His body jolted as it revived, and Luke got the news mere moments after, and Luke collapsed to the ground and cried.

Luke had been so scared, so scared that he would lose the love of his life, so scared that he'd never be able to see Ashton again.

You never really know what you have until it's gone, do you?

Luke couldn't imagine living with the guilt of having said those horrible last words to Ashton, and he couldn't imagine a world without his joy.

Ashton had been there for Luke as much as Luke had been there for him. Ashton was never a burden, no, in fact he held Luke together, and the way his lack of presence was causing Luke to break down was only further evidence of that.

Luke didn't leave the hospital for another 13 hours, as he lay uncomfortably on the hard chairs, waiting till he could see Ashton.

Boyfriend or not, Ashton still meant the world to him.

But maybe Ashton would have an explanation, and they could once again become what they were....just maybe.
*****
Ashton looked peaceful, like an angel almost, white hospital gown billowing around him as his soft curls were draped elegantly across his forehead.

You'd take one look, and agree, that yes, Ashton looked rather peaceful. You wouldn't be able to tell that he'd been through absolute hell, and was in for some immense disappointment when he woke up.

When Ashton's eyes finally fluttered open, he wanted to smash another mirror.

He was alive. He was fucking alive, which in his case, was horrible. Ashton was supposed to be dead, but nope. The world decided to be a bitch, and save him. Now, usually Ashton would manage with all the struggles the world threw at him, because he had Luke by his side.

But the minute Luke had ended their relationship and left him, Ashton no longer had a way to cope, or manage.

He no longer had a saviour.

A part of Ashton was hurt, yet a part of him wasn't surprised.

They all left eventually anyways. No one wanted Ashton, so no one ever stayed.

Normally it wouldn't matter, but Luke was special. Luke was different...and Ashton wanted to laugh at himself for believing Luke loved him.

It took a couple minutes after he woke up, but Ashton realized he needed to leave.

Right then.

Partially because he hated hospitals. Mainly because if the clock was right, he was set to meet Jasper in a few hours, and Ashton didn't dare miss that. Who knew what Jasper would do to him?

Jasper had already attempted to be "kinky" and while Japser himself may have found it to be a turn on, it made Ashton want to bite his dick off.

Ashton could've dealt with doing simpler things, but the way Jasper chose to hit him, and degrade him by calling him "whore" and "slut" broke Ashton.

He hated it.

He hated the pain Jasper inflicted upon him, and hated the others way Jasper made Ashton call him daddy.

It was absolutely disgusting and Ashton would've given anything to be in Luke's arms again, Luke's loving arms that never hurt him. Luke wouldn't ever do anything that made Ashton uncomfortable, and would always make sure Ashton wanted it.

Ashton didn't hesitate a moment longer, and tore each and every iv tube and needle out of his body, stumbling to his feet as dizziness overtook him.

It took a moment for Ashton's vision to align, and for the doubles he was seeing to morph into one, but when he finally saw clearly, he ran. Ashton ran as fast as he could, escaping the hospital walls and saving his dignity from Jasper.

He didn't get very far.

Ashton ran for a few seconds before he walked into someone, doubling over and hurling inches away from their feet. However, instead of disgust, he felt a warm hand on his back, a familiar touch that he recognized immediately.

"And where the hell do you think you're going?"

"L-lu, pl-please you don't u-understand!"

Ashton was in hysterics in minutes, desperately sobbing and tugging at Luke's shirt, breathing out of control. He was unstable enough on the hospital bed, but since he'd  removed himself from it, he was deluded, loopy, and Luke was quite sure he'd pass out any minute.

Ashton stumbled around awkwardly, before he did collapse, straight into Luke's arms. Luke gasped softly and hooked his arms underneath Ashton's body, before he carefully returned Ashton to his bed.

Luke was no doctor, and he had no clue where anything went, neither did Ashton, but that didn't stop him. Ashton grabbed the sharpest thing he could find around him, which in this case was the needle that pumped the fluid into him. He repeatedly began jabbing it into his arm, drawing pricks of blood as Luke panicked, aggressively tearing it out of his hand.

"Ashton, don't!"

"Why not? I was supposed to die anyways, and why do you care? Huh? You left me lu, you weren't there"

"I-I'm sorry. And I know that doesn't fix everything but I fucked up. I-I am hurt Ashton, but I'm ready to talk to you, please"

"Do you love me Lukey?"

"If I didn't would I be here?"

Through tears, Ashton spent the next little while telling Luke everything, and maybe, just maybe, Luke would help him. Luke listened intently, and in the end, he was at loss for words. It took a moment, but Luke finally found his tongue, and said the words Ashton desperately wanted to hear.

"Will you be my boyfriend again?"