Always There

Ashton was ok.

Which kinda sucked, because it meant he wasn't happy, but he didn't feel bad enough to be cared for either.

Hence the reason he sat alone in the corner of his room, listening to the soft, muffled sounds of traffic through his window. Ashton's eyes fell every so often to his empty bed, the pillows and sheets faintly indicating where Luke would've been.

As much as Ashton wanted to just be near Luke, he hated being so reliant on someone else. After what had happened, Luke refused to let Ashton be alone, and was constantly checking up on him.

Yes, it was all with good intentions, but it made Ashton feel...well, he wasn't quite sure. He was partially happy, that Luke cared, but partially scared that Luke was faking it, and would one day...stop.

Often times Ashton did wish that things would just stop, like all the hate he received from Ryan, or his own heart. Ashton shook his head and rested against the window, fingers gently running up his phone.

Should he call Luke?

He wasn't relapsing, he didn't desperately need him...he wanted him. He wanted to be near the blue eyed boy who actually loved him. Of course there were others, but Luke was special. Eyes fixed on the digital time indicating the early hours of the morning, Ashton sighed and called Luke, expecting the call to go to voicemail.

Luke's raspy voice echoed in Ashton's ear, and he bit his lip at the sound, enjoying it a little too much to his liking.

"Hello?"

"H-hey Luke"

"Mhm, you ok?"

"Yea...um, I know you're sleeping, b-"

"Shall I come over, or will you? I need some cuddles...and possibly sex..."

"Luke! Um, whatever you'd like"

"I'll be over in like 15, let me just wake up a bit, I can't drive while I'm sleeping."

Ashton smiled and bid his goodbye to Luke, wondering how the hell he'd gotten so lucky.
******
Luke smiled as he silently entered Ashton's room, pulling Ashton into a hug. Ashton accepted it, wrapping his arms tightly around Luke's waist. Luke smiled into his hair, wondering how he'd even managed to become Ashton's boyfriend. He was happy, Ashton was happy, and they were both there for each other.

It was the best thing that had happened to him.

Curled up in the sheets, arms draped loosely over each other, they sat in silence, but not the awkward kind. It was comfortable, and Luke gently twirled his fingers in Ashton's curls, tracing over his scars every so often. Ashton's body was tightly pressed against Luke's and in that moment, it just felt right. With a deep breath he said it, the three words that had been stuck in his throat for so long.

"I love you"

"I love you the most"

Ashton's face lit up at Luke's response, his head lifting upwards to meet Luke's mouth in a chaste kiss. Ashton's breathe hitched when they pulled away, chest slowly rising and falling. Despite the darkness of his room, Luke was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen.

Ashton murmured under his breath and ran his fingers over Luke's jaw, before kissing his lips again. Luke pulled Ashton closer, and they spent the rest of the night saying 'I love you' back and forth.

Luke strengthened Ashton in a way he'd never understand. Without him, Ashton would have very well been dead. Ashton may have been a broken, lost, hurt boy, but Luke was there to fix him.

Luke was always there.
*****
Calum tossed another piece of popcorn at Michael's face, laughing when Michael managed to catch it in his mouth. They were just enjoying themselves with movies and snacks, however the movie was long forgotten as their main focus was now food.

Michael flicked a chip towards Calum, and even though he missed, he had the happiest smile lighting up his face. Michael really liked Calum. Like, more than he'd ever liked anyone.

He didn't know when he realized it, but Michael knew, he wanted to marry Calum. They were young now, yes, but Michael didn't want to lose him.

"Mike!"

Calum wrapped his arms around Michael and smiled, pecking his lips gently. Michael smiled in return, hands comfortably resting on Calums waist.

Calum has to admit, he really liked Michael as well. At first glance, he may be the strange boy with coloured hair and piercings, but to Calum, he was a wonderful boyfriend. He was a sweet, kitten like person, who made Calum happy.

And happiness was a wonderful feelings.

Fortunately for Michael, Calum, Ashton and Luke, they had a lot of it coming their way. They were to go on tour, which was going to brilliant, because they'd be where they belonged, and would have opportunities for success. They had their boyfriends and best friends as well, and being surrounded by so much love was a wonderful thing.

But happiness never stays forever, does it?