Nickelback And Cupcakes

Anne pushed her key into the door, but before she could turn it, Liz's hand stopped her. Anne turned to Liz, seeing the other woman with her eyes shut and face tilted upwards.

"What are you doing?"

"Praying, praying that Luke and Ashton are doing something that doesn't involve them being naked"

Anne chuckled before she pushed the door open, leading Liz, Harry and Lauren inside. She'd invited Liz over for coffee after they had run into each other, and then gone to pick up Lauren and Harry. That meant Luke and Ashton had been home alone, and of course, Liz and Anne didn't really want a repeat of before.

Lauren quietly walked behind the others, slightly upset, all though she wouldn't tell her mom why. She really wanted to see Ariana, but money was tight, and she knew they needed to be careful where they spent it.

Her train of thoughts was cut off by blasting music from the kitchen. Lauren stopped abruptly, just as the others had as well.

Nickelback was blaring from the kitchen, where Luke and Ashton were dancing about, thrusting their hips and flailing their arms.

The oven timer was balanced on the counter, and while Luke had a bowl and spoon filled with frosting in his arms, Ashton was wearing a bowl on his head, and dancing his way around the kitchen while dipping into the bag of chocolate chips.

Ashton spun around to face Luke, and neared him, Luke using this to his advantage. He dipped his finger into the frosting and grabbed Ashton's hips, before he swiped his finger over Ashton's nose. Ashton gasped and frowned, crossing his eyes as attempted to see the frosting. He dipped his own hand into the frosting, before he spread it into Luke's carefully articulated quiff, shrieking as Luke began to chase him around the kitchen.

Ashton barely made it around the counter, when Luke easily picked him up and placed him down, handfuls of flour finding their way into Ashton's hair.

Luke stood between Ashton's legs, and began to pepper kisses all over his face. Ashton scrunched his face up and giggled, before he grabbed Luke's face in his sticky hands and pulled him on for a proper kiss.

The oven timer went off, and Luke jumped back, catching sight of the others. He arched a brow, before nudging Ashton around.

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

"Wonderful to see you too Luke. Anyways, what are you boys up to?"

"The usual, dancing to Nickelback and making cupcakes"

Luke explained this as he removed the tin, before turning to see Ashton search the cupboard for sprinkles. They were located on the third shelf, and Luke saw Ashton begin to reach.

"Need help babe?"

"No, I can do it Luke"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Luke!"

Luke shook his head and set the tin on the counter, sighing at the empty frosting bowl. Perhaps making it, then eating it and putting it each others hair wasn't the best way to go about it. Luke opened the fridge to get the cream out, when he felt a weight against his back.

"Lukey..."

"Yes?"

"Can you help me reach the sprinkles?"

Luke nodded, easily grabbing the sprinkles, much to Ashton's displeasure. He handed them to the smaller boy, who accepted them, pouting.

"Don't be so tall"

"Why not?"

"Cause I'm so short"

"You aren't that short, and anyways, I prefer the term fun sized"