Chapter 1

Callie willingly leaned into Brandon, knowing that staying away from him any longer wouldn’t change anything. As their lips interlocked, Callie felt a spark of electricity run through her body. She missed the touch of Brandon’s lips on hers, the way their lips moved in synchronization together. They ran their fingers in each other’s hair, and a small smile formed on Callie’s face. She knew that she couldn’t get too caught up because one thing could easily lead to another, so she had to force herself to pull away. Callie and Brandon leaned their foreheads together, breathing quietly, taking in the silence. Eventually, Callie moved back and held Brandon’s hand in hers for a moment.

“You’ll get through this Callie. Moms will never stop fighting for you, ever.” Brandon said, looking into Callie’s eyes. Callie offered a small smile. She trusted Brandon, but she just wanted to be a legal Adams Foster. She didn’t want to wait on the Quinns to sign the abandonment papers. If Robert wanted her to be truly happy, he would sign the abandonment papers, no matter how hard it was, and let her get adopted by the Fosters.

 -------

Every spare chance Callie got, her mind would venture off and think about what Robert and Sophia had done.

“Callie? Callie? Callie?” Stef said, trying to get the attention of her eldest daughter. They were sitting in the kitchen, just the two. Stef had just gotten home, and the kids were all supposed to be in bed. The woman gently tapped the girl on the shoulder, hoping that it would get her attention, but not startle her. Instantly, Callie snapped back into reality.

“Yeah?” She responded, looking at Stef like nothing happened. It had been almost a week after the fundraiser, and this had happened at least three times.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?” Stef questioned.

“Um, I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to come down here since it’s quiet.” Callie said. It was true she couldn’t sleep. She kept pondering her adoption situation, now that Sophia had ruined it, and Robert wouldn’t resign the papers. “But, I guess I’ll go back up. I should at least try to get some sleep.” She continued.

“Alright. Night Callie.” Stef said as she hugged the teenager.

“Night.” Callie said, her chin resting on Stef’s shoulder. She didn’t want to let go just yet, and so Stef just held onto the girl, happy that her daughter wanted the comfort. After a few minutes of standing there in silence, Callie headed upstairs. Stef wondered what was going on in that girl’s mind. She made a mental note to talk with Callie about it as she retreated to her own bedroom for the night.

---

Author Note: 

This is the first chapter! Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!