Chapter 7: BBQ

*EDITED*

I open the door to see a police officer, "good evening officer, can I help you with something" I ask "are you Athena Rose?" my heart began to beat thinking something bad happened. "Yes I am, is everything ok?" he stayed silent making my heart beat faster "I'm sorry, but I have to inform you that your mother was in a fatal accident, she has passed away. If you could just come to the office with me" my eyes widen.... she's ... gone... as much as I hated her... Somehow even after all the scars, bruises and things she said to me.... hearing those words made me cry.

we had arrived at the police station where I signed a few papers. They had given me a few things that she had on her. I began to tremble as I called Diane, I see her running inside as her body crashed into mine as I cried into her and she petted my head" shh everything is gonna be ok come on let's go back home"

after we got home, I told Diane everything that happened

"are you still going out with Zander tomorrow morning, I mean I think you should go or at least go out I don't think you should be alone" she said while hugging me " I have you, I'm never alone" I smiled before saying goodnight.

how do I even tell Zac? how do I tell him?

by the time morning, I felt like I was hit by a brick wall "good morning Athena. I made some breakfast if you're hungry" Diane said calmly knowing that I wasn't hungry. I look to see the Zac was no longer with me. I walk out of the room to see him and Tony eating and playing games while watching TV, I think I'm going to go freshen up. I walk into her shower and begin to undress "I'm leaving you a towel and some clothes to wear" Diane says if you think it's weird to share clothes then your mistaken, ware practically sisters. After my nice hot shower, I walk out to see Zac waiting behind the door. "...I know what happened to mommy." I look at him in shock... he heard me talking to Diane last night.

I look across the room to see Diane drop a pancake on the floor as she heard what he said.

"Umm, let's go sit down," I say as I hold Zac and sit down with him... " so mommy she... she not going to be with us anymore" he mumbles not knowing how to say it I may have messed up. "where is she?" he says making my heartbreak I sob for a split second as I put him in my lap "she is with daddy," I say as he turns to look up "you mean in heaven?" A tear fell from his eye " y-yeah .... she's in heaven" I began to wipe his tears. I know she wasn't always there for him and I know that he feared her. But in the end, he loved her so much he cried at night because he knew she didn't love him.

My heart broke into pieces as I heard his cry's yelling the words "mommy" and " mama"

"Shhh please don't cry everything is gonna be ok" I hold him tightly as he continues to cry. Diane standing by the door as Tony begins to cry from hearing Zac crying.

Now everyone is crying.

10 minutes passed and everyone has stopped crying...

"Do you wanna go get some ice cream" Zac nods just head.

"Thank you so much for everything Diane I'm thinking today it will be me and him, but I'll text you if anything happens," I say giving her a big hug " you better I love you so much sis," she says as she hugs me tightly. I then take Zac

Oh shit

I just remembered

Zander! I look at the time and realize it's 10 am

I then pick up my phone a give him a call

"Hello?" I hear his voice

"Hey..." I then let him know what happened and cancel he was completely ok with it.