Relationships

After a few minutes. AJ started talking about Abel. Saying that there are three eyes And that they are. Alive people eyes. There's monster's eyes. And then there are alive people eyes right as you kill them. Like what happened to Abel. His...eyes looked like you blew a candle out.

AJ: He was a bad guy. I know I shouldn't feel like this. I hated him, too. I think there's something wrong with me.

Clem: You know what, AJ? Everything you're feeling is okay. It makes you a good person.

AJ: Am I good?

Clem: You are good. Like Marlon.

AJ: I'm getting real smart.

Clem: Is that right?

AJ: Yes. Because I'm always thinking all the time.

Clem: Okay, what are you thinking about right now?

AJ: You getting bit. Turning into a monster.

Clem: Oh.

AJ: Yeah. The older I get, the more I see it. I don't know why. What happens then? Anyone can get bit. Doesn't matter if you're inside or outside or how careful you are.

Clem: That's not happening.

AJ: You don't know that.

Clem: No, I don't. But it won't happen anytime soon.

AJ: You don't know that, either. You're just trying to be brave for me. It does something weird to my stomach. Like I'm gonna get the dookies.

Clementine knee down to him. AJ cross his arms.

Clem: AJ, I need to know you remember what we talked about. What you're supposed to do if it happens. Listen to me. If I get bit, you'll... Shoot--

AJ: No. No, I'm not gonna do that.

Clem: AJ, you promised.

AJ: I don't care. I'm not gonna shoot you!

AJ: If you get bit, I'd want you to bite me, too.

Clem: What? You don't mean that.

AJ: I don't want to be alone. Please don't be mad. I can't live with you not with me, Clem. I know we've talked about it. So much. But don't make me.

Clem: Alvin Junior, you know you're not supposed to talk like this. You're too strong and too brave.

AJ: I don't think I am anymore, about this.

Clem: Yes, you are. You are, okay? You're not letting this go, are you?

AJ: James said--

Clem: Guess not.

AJ: --that we could be around when we're monsters. Like, on the inside. If you got bit and then bit me, then maybe we'd still be together. It would just be a different together. We might even be okay. You think so?

Clem: Let's say James might be right. That monsters have part of the person they were still inside them. The thing is, no one can prove that. And if we can't prove it, we're not going to risk our lives over it.

AJ nod understanding. He grabs his gun then ask if he can patrol before the party. Clem agree and he runs out the door. Marlon was right at the door as he see AJ running of. He walks in the closes the door.

Marlon: Is everything alright?

Clem: Yeah, he just need time to think.

Marlon: Uh. I want to talk to you about Minnie. If that's okay?