𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑂𝑓 𝑊𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔

(Virginia Gardner plays young Wendy)

Wendy Darling was once a normal girl, a girl who dreamed big. She had a family, loving parents and two brothers, John and Michael. Wendy was the oldest Darling sibling and the only girl. She and her brothers were inseparable even with the years between them.

John was thirteen and Michael was nine.

But everything changed for the sixteen year old when she came home one Sunday night. She was past curfew, which normally didn't happen as she was a good girl. She always followed the rules.

Her families mansion was dark and quiet, that never happened as her brothers were obnoxiously loud.

Wendy was clutching her hands over her blue dress, a dress her mother made. Wendy was always scared of the dark or the loneliness feeling she sometimes felt. She ran her fingers nervously through her hair, catching onto her blue bow her mother forced in her hair earlier that day.

Wendy snuck upstairs, quietly. She paused outside of her brothers room. She hesitantly opened the door.

"Michael? John?" Wendy whispered. "Are you both awake?"

But her brothers weren't in bed. Her eyes widened in fear of where they could be. She was always protective of her brothers. They were her everything.

Wendy's hair flew back as she ran to her parents room.

She knocked. "Mother? Father? I can't find Michael and John. Do you know where they are?"

Maybe she was just thinking to much into it. Maybe they were just messing around somewhere else in the house.

But she couldn't shake the feeling something wasn't right.

No answer came, which scared Wendy even more. Her parents were very light sleepers.

Wendy heard a whimper and she noticed the family dog, Nana. Her eyes looked up at Wendy in fear.

"What's wrong, Nana?" Wendy questioned the dog who whimpered in return.

Wendy sighed, turning to the door and sliding it open. She jumped as it creaked open. She glanced at the dog before stepping in her parents room.

Wendy slipped on something, which made her fall forwards. She gasped in pain. Her eyes widened when she noticed her hands were in red liquid.

Please be paint, Wendy pleaded in her head.

Her eyes moved upwards, seeing a hand with her mothers wedding ring on it.

Wendy didn't care that her hand is red with blood and her hands were drying in it. She crawled to her mothers body, tears running down her face like a river.

"Mommy? Wake up." Wendy muttered. "Please. You can't leave me! You can't!"

Wendy had always been close to her mother, being the only girls in the house. She was only sixteen, she still needed her mother.