Chapter 7: Reunion Part Two, Case of the Ex.

Well, here they are standing in silence. All Fred and Madison could do was stare at the elderly couple; concern written on their face. Fred held Madison tightly as he started to sweat. "A-auntie! It's not what it looks like. I-I was just..." Stuttered Fred. Madison looks up at him, seeing him struggling to find an excuse. "Mrs. Bagge, I can explain. I-I tripped, and F-Fred was just helping me. That's all." Madison says using her innocent façade, to persuade the woman. Mollie just stood there, smirking at her sister. "So, I was right, they were hiding it." She thought. Mollie snickers at their attempt to defuse the situation and turns to the Bagge couple. "Or maybe, Mrs. and Mr. Bagge. It seems like your nephew fell in love with my sister." She says dramatically. Fred felt Madison shift in his grasp; aware that she was very close to attacking her sister, he tightens his grip, holding her back.

After hearing the comment from Mollie, Muriel covered her mouth in shock as Courage pulled his ears down, not wanting to hear what she just said. Eustace just stood there in disgust, wondering how anyone would like the 'weirdo'. "Fred, is that true?" Muriel asks as she walks up to them. Fred and Madison just gave small glances at each other and gazed down at the floor, blushing. Madison remained silent, wondering if this would get her fired. The thought of not seeing Fred again made her quite anxious. She was snapped out of her thoughts however when she felt Fred rest his head on top of hers, hearing him chuckle softly. "Yes, Aunt Muriel. What Mollie said was accurate. I absolutely adore her that I seem to have fallen for my dear Madison."

Madison froze for a moment, her shock slowly turning into a soft smile. She turns around to wrap her arms around his neck pulling him closer, giggling as she nuzzled into his neck. Mollie looked at the scene noting how happy Madison was and seeing Fred care so much about her. She looks away, guilt apparent on her face. Muriel smiles at them as she grabs both of their hands. "My, how wonderful! Eustace, Fred dear is in love!" She announced, shocking both Fred and the twins. "W-wait. So, you're not upset?" stuttered Fred. "Why no dear, why would I? You found yourself such a sweet lass." Muriel replies, causing Madison and Fred to glance at each other before looking away, blushing. Eustace walks past them and into the living room, uninterested. "Eh, I just don't care." Fred chuckles nervously as Madison and Muriel just shook their heads. "Yeah, of course ya don't, ya old bastard." Madison thought with a smile. Muriel tugs on their hand, pulling them into the living room. "Come, come now, I want to hear all about it!" She says excitably.

As they sat in the living room, Fred made sure to sit in between the sisters, concern that there would be another spat between them. As Muriel asks them a billion questions most of them made the younger couple blush, trying to not give away too much. Fred would often time give out cheesy responses to the questions, making Maddie giggle and Mollie shake her head, amused by his answers.

However, the mood slowly shifted when Muriel asked them what happened earlier when she heard shouting. Fred slowly looks over at Mollie, annoyance clear on his face as Mollie looks away from his glare, shamelessly. Fred taps his finger on his leg, waiting for her response. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Mollie finally spoke up. "I-It was kind of my fault." She says softly, making Muriel raise a brow. "I-I sort of kept f-flirting with Fred...e-even though he's dating Maddie..." She continued. Both Muriel and even Courage frowned at her. "Now, young lady. That is completely unacceptable. How could you ruin such a lovely relationship?" Scolded Muriel. Mollie kept her head down as if she was a child being scolded by her parent. Muriel continued her scolding as she told her to apologize to the couple. Mollie shifted in her seat as she looks over at Madison and Fred. "I-I wasn't thinking at all. I understand what I did was wrong now. I-I really am sorry for trying to break you two apart." Fred raised an eyebrow as he looks at her cautiously, "What I don't understand is why you felt the need to that."

"She always does this..."

Fred turns to Madison in shock as she was glaring at Mollie. "Anytime I'm in a relationship she feels the need to ruin it. To be honest, Fred. You're the only person that didn't fall for it." She continued. For once, Fred felt a tad irritated with Mollie; he looks back at her slowly glaring waiting for her reply. Mollie, now realizing her mistake looks away from Fred. "I-I just thought that maybe if I did it, Madison could see that they weren't very faithful..."