Stingue

Sting's POV
I was in the Sabertooth pool with Lector, Frosch, and my boyfriend Rouge.

Lector and I were having a splashing fight on one side of the pool while Rouge was teaching Frosch how to swim without a floatie like Lector.

Lector and I were having the time of our lives and didn't realize we were so close to Frosch and Rouge until I splashed Rouge.

Rouge turns to face me.

"Watch it Sting," he says. "Frosch can't swim. What if you hurt him? Now shoo and play your childish games else where. I want to spend time with Frosch and help him learn new things."

"Fro thinks so too," Frosch said.

"Can you play with me after?" I ask.

"Not until Frosch learns to swim," Rouge said.

Knowing how Frosch is extremely slow at learning new things, I walk over to the other end of the pool, sulking. I love Frosch so much, but he takes Rouge away from me so much that I feel angry at the green Exceed.

"It's ok Sting-kun. I play with you until Rouge is ready," Lector says.

"But we both know that Sting never will. All he thinks about is Frosch, Frosch, Frosch. And I can't even spend time with my boyfriend. Rouge says he'll play after he teaches Frosch to swim, but we all know Frosch will take an eternity to learn to swim. Not only that, he's taking his sweet time, making an eternity into fifteen eternities," I say.

"So what do you want to do Sting-kun?" Lector asks me.

"Anything to get Rouge's attention," I say.

"We need a plan," Lector says.

"I got one. I wreck havoc over there to distract Rouge. And once he's distracted, you grab Frosch and run with him to town," I say.

"Great idea Stung-kun," Lector says, moving toward where Rouge and Frosch are.

I move over to where Frosch and Rouge are and start splashing water everywhere.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Rouge yells at me.

I flinch and continue. I know Rouge will be very angry at me, but I can't stand him ignoring me.

"Sting," Rouge tells me warningly. "If you don't stop I won't talk to you or come in an form of contact to you for a whole week."

I immediately stop knowing Rouge is telling the truth. He did it once before and he'll do it again.

Rouge turns around and starts panicking.

"Where is Frosch?" Rouge says, frantically.

"Lector took him to the town," I say.

"And how do you know?" Rouge asks.

"Because I told Lector to do so," I say. "You weren't paying attention to me and I got jealous because I wanted you all to myself. Rouge, you brush me off all the time, but I really love you. You seem so happy with Frosch and you smile and show true emotion around Frosch more than anyone else. And I get jealous. I want to be the one to make you laugh, comfort you when your in pain, and share every moment of your life with. But your always with Frosch and all you talk about is Frosch. You only care about Frosch and not me, your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? You love me?" Rouge asks as he does a double take.

I immediately slap my hand over my mouth. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. You see, Rouge doesn't know of my slightly huge crush on him. Yes, I introduced him as my boyfriend, but in reality, I pretend that Rouge is. The only other members of the guild who know of my crush are Lector and Yukino.

"Sting answer me," Rouge says.

"Yeah, I like you. I like you a lot," I say.

"Since when?" Rouge asked.

"The first day we met I instantly fell in love with you Rouge," I say. Good, he's not rejecting me yet.

Rouge falls silent and I just stand their fiddling my thumbs.

"Look, Sting, I'm sorry, but I don't love you that way. We're just friends. And I'm already dating Kagura of Mermaid Heel," Rouge says and walks away.

I stare down at the pool water, wishing that I'd never told Rouge. It was better when I didn't know his love and I could pretend we were in love. But this is to much to handle. My heart is crumbling and tears are streaming down my eyes.

Storm clouds thundered and it started raining, hiding my tears. Yukino came out to check on me. She noticed I was crying, immediately pulled me out of the water, and took me inside.

"Sting what happened?" Yukino said.

"Nothing, it's fine," I say.

"Then why were you crying in the rain," Yukino asked.

"I said it's nothing," I say.

"It's obviously something if you're crying. You're always so cheerful," Yukino said.

Knowing that Yukino wasn't going to budge, I took a deep breath and started from the beginning. After I finished, Yukino was crying.

She hugged me and said she was so sorry.

I hugged her back, wishing she was Rouge.

But Rouge wasn't in the guild hall. He probably left as soon as he heard the confession to go to Kagura. That made me cry even more.

"I know you love him but it's over mate. It doesn't matter put the phone away. It's never easy to walk away, let him go. It'll be alright," Yukino sings. (If you know this song I fucking love you. It's one of my fav American songs)

3 Months Later
I'd mainly gotten over Rouge. Sure I still kinda wanted Rouge and got jealous when Kagura and Rouge were together, but I learned to control that jealousy and suppress my feelings. Day by day, I was getting over Rouge's rejection and soon I was almost back to normal.

Rouge and Kagura had gotten married and had a child. Frosch had dressed it up.

(Ignore the Grayza

(Ignore the Grayza. This was the only pic I could find of a kid dressed as Frosch that kinda looked like Rouge and Kagura)

I never dated anyone since Rouge's rejection as I didn't see anyone else as fit to be with me as Rouge.

"Sting," Rouge calls out as he walks over to me. "Thank you for helping Kagura and I with the wedding and Roka. We really appreciate it."

"Your welcome," I say smiling up at me best friend.

He smiles back before going over to Kagura and kisses her. I feel a pang in my heart, but I immediately brush it off. Rouge is happy now with Kagura and I'm happy that Rouge is happy.

This is kinda sad and I cried at some parts. I know many of you probably wanted Stingue in the end, but I want to explore writing angst more. The Fraxus on was the first angst I wrote and I feel like it comes easiest to me. A lot of these will be angst if I choose the ship or if someone doesn't specify what they want.