Orfus

The pic above is so fucking cringy, but I absolutely love it.  Also, the format for this might be a little different then normal cause a) I'm typing on the computer and b) I started typing this up in Google Docs. 

Quick Disclaimer: This story is based on the true story of Rapunzel. If you don't want your childhood to be semi ruined don't continue.

Twenty years ago, a poor woman and her husband had found out that they were having a child. The elated couple held a celebration that day. However, months passed and the wife grew crankier and crankier till she was eventually fired from her job. The husband had to take on more jobs in order to support his wife and soon to be children.

As a result, the woman had a lot of time on her hands. Everyday, she would stare at the garden of her neighbor. She found the garden filled with fruits and veggies to be quite beautiful. The one that caught her attention the most however was a beautiful green plant she'd never seen before in her life.

Everyday, the woman would stare at the green plant. With each passing day her craving for that plant grew until she refused to eat any other foods. Her worried husband could only get her to eat a spoon or two of food before being kicked out of her room.

After two weeks, the husband finally decided to get the plant his wife yearned for. The lack of food had caused the woman to become pale and sickly and the man was extremely worried for his family.

He waited till midnight to sneak into the garden next door. Truth be told, he was terrified. He had heard rumors that his next door neighbor was a witch.

The man swiftly climbed the fence that guarded the garden. He ignored all the other delicious looking food and headed straight towards his prize.

At her window, the old woman who owned the garden was watching the man. She felt pity upon him as she'd heard about the terrible state his wife was in. That was until the man stole her most prized possession, the Rapunzel.

The old woman ran through her garden, stopping the man right before he was about to climb the fence.

"Little man, you have stolen my prized Rapunzel and now you must pay. I will let you keep the plant in return of the baby your wife is carrying," the woman said.

"I refuse to give up my child. You can have the plant back instead," the man said.

"The plant is now useless to me because you plucked it. You can leave the plant behind, but you still owe me the child. Now shoo, I don't want to see you on my property ever again," she said.

The man shakily climbed over the fence once more, with the Rapunzel plant clutched in his hand.

***

Months had passed since the day the man had stolen the Rapunzel. The wife had gotten better instantly after eating the plant. She had just given birth to two healthy babies. They looked almost identical with their luscious blonde locks and beautiful green eyes. However, two things set the twins apart. The first was that they were of opposite gender and the second being something magical. While the boy was quite ordinary looking, the girl's hair was shining like gold. The two parents instantly knew which child they would keep.

The father and mother put the baby boy in a crib near their bed and had a close friend take care of their baby girl.

That night, the old woman snuck into the house of the poor couple and stole the baby boy. Then, she took him to the tower he would spend several years of his life in.

***

Five years had passed since the faithful day the young boy was kidnapped. The old woman had named his Rufus Lore. Rufus because it reminded the lady of the name "Rapunzel" and Lore because it was the last name of the woman. She went by the name of Maggie Agatha Lore.