Frufus

Rufus's POV
It was three days before Valentine's Day and I was thinking of a way to confess to my crush, Freed Justine.

I was brain storming with my best friends Orga and Rouge as Sting, Minerva, and Yukino were all somewhere.

"Do you want to get him chocolate?" Orga asked.

"He probably gets enough chocolate as it is," I say.

"What about flowers?" Rouge suggested.

"Too classy and unoriginal," I say.

"What about love notes?" Rouge says.  "Like you can put one in his locker each day til Valentine's Day.  And on Valnetine's Day, reveal yourself."

I ponder over the idea for a second. 

"Ok, that sounds good," I say.  "Now we need to figure out what to write."

Time Skip
I get to school early the next morning to put the letter into Freed's locker.  The letter was typed out on red paper so he couldn't trace it back to the original source.  It read:

You're so beautiful.  I love looking at you smile and anytime I see you, my whole world lights up.  You probably don't know who I am, but I just wanted to know I really love you.
                    - Your Secret Admirer

I just managed to get away before Freed rounded the corner. 

Freed opened his locker and watched the red note fly to the floor.  He picked it up and looked around, seeing no one.  He looked at the paper and read it.  I was holding my breath, praying for a good outcome.

He just smiled and walked away. 

"Yes," I mentally cheer as I walk to my locker.

The next day, I write Freed another note and stick it in his locker during lunch.  It read:

I saw your smile yesterday when you read my note and I hope you'll always smile at me like that.  I really love you and even if you don't know me yet, I hope you'll love me too.
                           - Your Secret Admirer

I quickly left right after.

Time Skip
Today's the day that I'm finally confessing.  I went to Freed's locker to put another note in there saying to meet me in the garden during lunch.  Just when I was about to put it in, I felt a presence behind me.  There stood Freed.

"I was wondering who sent me the notes," he said.  "Turns out it was Rufus Lore."

"You know who I am?" I said shocked.

"Of course I do.  You're the only other long haired male in school so of course I'd have heard of you.  Also you're in one of my classes and it'd be weird if I didn't," he said.

I blush and look away.  Freed Justine knew who I was and remembered me.  This is probably the best day of my life.

"So, are you going to ask me out or what?" Freed said with a slight blush on his face.

I stare at him in shock.  Was he really waiting for me to ask him out?  The silence must have made him uncomfortable as he blushed even more.

"Uhm, Freed Justine, would you go on a date with me?" I ask.

"Yes," Freed said, looking at me with a smile that could melt anyone's heart.  "Yes," he repeated, softly kissing me.

This is the best day ever.