Chapter Nineteen

(---)

I was sitting in my usual park on my favorite bench. Behind the bench was a long row of bushes that extend from one end of the park to the other. There were a good amount of trees dotted around the whole place.

I was shaded by a large tree in this park, partly why this spot is the best spot to read a good book. I took a deep breath, the fresh air tickles my throat. It was relaxing out here.

I dove into my backpack and swiftly pull out a book that I've been meaning to read for quite awhile. Tracing my fingertips on the title of the book. I flip to the page I had last left off, I had memorized the page already.

The reason I come here to read instead of in the human world is because it's really noisy there so I prefer reading here.

A few minutes in I heard a rustling behind me. Along with occasional shouting from the street at back, I payed no mind to it at first but the rustling bushes were odd. Animals don't exist here.

The second I whip my head around a finger was placed on my lips. It was a country, a red one with a large star in the middle. He jumped on the bench from behind and sat next to me.

"Sorry, Just please don't talk too loudly," he placed his hands together as if to beg. "Uh okay, who are you hiding from?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Just my friends... it's no big deal," he shrugged. I nodded in understanding and went back to my book. After a few minutes shouting was getting closer. Vietnam immediately rested his head on my lap to avoid being visible from the street.

"What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow, a little flustered. "Just bare with me please," he sighed. His face was redder than before.

"Hey (Y/N) have you seen Vietnam?" I heard a familiar voice shout behind me. I turn over my head, it was Hong Kong. "Uh..."

"No I haven't, why are you looking for him?"

"He ran away suddenly so I want to find him so he'll help me with my garden again,"

"Oh I see, we'll I'll tell you if I ever see him," I smiled.

"T-thanks," he was a little startled, his face turned a deep shade of darker red as he walked off.

"Sooo... you don't wanna help him?" I ask the country on my lap. His face was still red. "No, it's a hassle," he said bluntly. "Well okay but you should at least tell him you're not interested in helping."

"What? You think I've never tried?"

"Touché," I admitted. "Hong Kong is pretty stubborn, I still remember the first time I met him."

"Wow your chest is bigger from below," he joked. "Fuckin pervert get off me already," I laughed along. "Okay okay sheesh," he got up with his hands up. Both our faces were as red as tomato's now.

"This is usually my spot in the park if I ever wanna chill," he said in a possessive tone. "I mean it's the best spot in the whole park I'm not Stupid enough not to know that." I put my hands on my hips.

"Heh Okay," he ruffled my hair a little before getting off the bench. "I'm gonna head back,"

"I thought you didn't want to help him,"

"I don't but I guess I owe him an explanation no?"

"Mm yeah you do."

We both laughed and waved each other off. I was smiling like a dork but I didn't care. He was a dark hue of red.

What an interesting country.

(---)

(That was a flash back if you didn't know)

Me and Poland landed again, ten minutes has passed. We were in Mississippi, I've been here before for a family trip when I was younger so I still remember some of the places. Well it wasn't actually a family trip, just a fake memory of it but it's surprisingly accurate.

"I'll go get some drinks, you want anything?" I pointed at one of the famous grocery stores in America using my thumb. "oranżada please," he wiped the sweat of his face and sat leaning on the tree. (oranżada is a traditional Polish drink)

"Gotcha," I walk off to the grocery store. Inside I analyze the shelves of food and walk over to the drink isle. I grab myself <insert favorite drink>, and skin the rest of the shelves for oranżada.

It was quite a large store so it took time, I didn't really want to waste time so I did it all very quickly. I didn't even find it in the end, I mean it's an american grocery store why would they have a polish traditional drink?

I grab the nearest drink to me which was a can of coke. "I hope this is an ok substitute," I mumble to myself as I head for the exit.

As I neared the Exit I heard Poland shouting insults, no swear words though like usual.

"Why are you here?!" I heard.

I drop the drinks and run outside, "what's going on Poland? Are you okay though? Did they hurt you?"

"I'm fine but he! Why is he here! After he-"

I whip my head to who Poland was talking to, a figure stood there looking down on us with incomprehensible eyes. They extend their hand a little, we both flinched and stepped back.

They retracted their hand. "I didn't mean to scare you," they said with a neutral face. "Fuck off already why do you keep following me??" I burned a hold right through him with my glare.

We both stood in silence for quite a while. Me and Poland were awaiting their attack while they stood there doing nothing. We were not stupid enough to lower our guard though.

"Can we just talk this out?"

"No, especially not with you again." Poland answered for me.

"We're not interested in listening to what you have to say after you attacked me just awhile ago!"

"..."

"Russia you dirty traitor." I grit my teeth waiting to escape any second now. I don't trust him right now.

A/N : Sorry for slow updates despite still being on holiday, this time it's because of my mental health but don't worry I'll try my best to post more.