Chapter Twenty Three

We all watched as the people in masquerade attire danced around the room as slow music played in the background.

"Now dance and have fun!"

Suddenly I jolted upright and ran up to one of the three boys and grabbed them by the hand. "Let's dance."

"If we don't follow orders who knows what will happen to us," I say to North whom I picked out of the three to dance with.

He nodded in understanding as the music continued to play. It felt like hours passed by and the music wasn't stopping, one country was scanning the room and the other was playing the piano.

"My feet are starting to hurt," I complained, "hold out for a little while, let's hope the song ends soon." He grit his sharp teeth.

Some time passed by, I seriously could not take it anymore, my legs gave out. Not to mention it was all bruised and red from the heels.

"You aren't dancing, why aren't you dancing?" The masked figure came closer. "Well first it's never ending, secondly we didn't want to be here in the first place!" I said pretty much done with this shit.

Suddenly the music stopped and everyone in the ballroom were staring at the four of us. How is it possible that there are this many people here.

"Fine then let's play another game, unmask the hosts and we'll let you go, if we unmask you then I'll have you executed, off with your head!" They cackled and disappeared in the crowd.

The crowd lunged at us clawing at us to remove our masks. "Shit shit shit shit," I heard Russia swear behind us while we fought of the hundreds of people coming our way.

I took of one of my heels and stabbed a person, they screamed in agony and disappeared in a puff of smoke. "They're not real lets go on a muter spree guys!"

I make eye contact with Poland, we both smiled, "let's crash this party," he held up a broken wine bottle like it was a bat.

We broke through the crowd by just murdering all of them, eventually a path learned out and we bolted. After awhile the smoke formed into a horde of people once again. "We're wasting time, I'm pretty sure that one is controlling them, we have to knock them out first!"

I pointed at one of the figures.

We all ran towards them, the country dodged all our attempts of hitting or restraining them. "How foolish and impolite!" They suddenly multiplied by 10, all looking exactly the same.

They started throwing punches and kicks at us, even for a cloud of smoke they can deal damage to us.

While everyone was fighting the duplicates, trying to find the real one. I noticed them hiding behind the staircase so I took my other heel and flung it at them. It hit their head knocking them out.

All the make shift people they controlled and made disappeared into thin air. We sat down for a second to catch our breaths.

Now only one left, the one that was on the piano before. I scanned the room to find them, I noticed they were still on the piano.

Then I remembered the conditions for this "game"

I went to the person I knocked out before and took their mask off. "Oh my god it was France," I huffed out of breath.

We all ran to the other person on the piano, a smile etched on their face as spikes protruded out of the ground. He laughed as he watched us try to avoid all of them.

Hands emerged from the ground and grabbed our legs, slowly pulling us lower and lower. I struggled to get out, it was like quicksand, the more I move the faster I sink. But I knew if I didn't do anything we would probably suffocate.

"Mmmffmm-" Poland's muffled voice tried to say something. He opened his wings and with enough force managed to break free and fly all the way up to the ceiling.

Suddenly the ground shook and the ceiling crumbled, Poland was caught in the crossfire as chunks of the ceiling trapped him in the ground.

There were holes now on the roof, the entire ballroom was practically destroyed by now.

"Russ can you teleport?"

"No my ability doesn't work in here," he replied.

Somehow Poland was able to use his ability but Russia is not, was there some kind of condition.

Underneath North a blast was heard, he still had his guns and was trying to shoot his way out of the things that restrained us.

He eventually broke through one of his arms and aimed it at the person on the piano. He shot his presumably last bullet and I heard the satisfying clink noise it made when the bullet and the person's mask collided.

Their mask went flying, revealing their face. It was Italy, I should've known. Suddenly everything was surrounded by fog and we all coughed and wheezed for air. I could feel the restraints disappear.

What appeared before us was absolutely nothing. We were in the streets again.

Everyone was confused but I figured it out, "France has the power to make make shift people and Italy had the power to make hallucinations, the things we saw in there were mostly fake."

Except the fact that both of them were now defeated and lying on the ground with us.

"We have to hurry!" I said, I was careful in case they woke up. So we all agreed to quickly run, apparently we were in Florida, Italy just played tricks on our minds to make it seem like we were still in Alabama.

I'm just glad I could finally get rid of the dress and shoes, they hurt. But in the end the shoes are the ones who saved my life today. High heels have earned my respect but I will simply never wear them again.

We all went ahead to our new destination, but there was also something I had to take care of along the way.

A/N : prolly gonna start posting once a week now because of my schedule