Ch. 2: Meeting the Doctor

(F/N's POV)

After walking to Dr. Connors lab from school, I finally arrived at the main entrance. I swiped the ID pass that the doctor gave me and the automatic doors let me in. I put my backpack and belongings in the lounge and entered the main lab after washing up a little. 

I was surprised to find that the lab appeared to be empty. Everything was quiet except for the hum of machinery and lab equipment.

F/N: "Uh, Dr. Connors? Hello? Anyone here?"

I called out and my voice echoed slightly. I heard a few creaks from metal supports. Without my knowledge, something was crawling in the rafters on the ceiling. It dropped from the ceiling and landed on the floor behind me, without making a sound. It towered over me and I could see a slight shadow. I turned around to see an overgrown lizard in a lab coat.

 I turned around to see an overgrown lizard in a lab coat

F/N: "Wow. Heya Dr. Connors? What were you doing by on the ceiling?"

The lizard stood up straight and stopped his creepy snarling. He seemed disappointed and sighed.

Dr. Connors: "Oh come on, Parker. You could at least pretend to be scared."

F/N: "Sorry doc, it just doesn't work anymore. It frightened me at first when I found out the famous Dr. Connors was a 7 foot tall lizard, but it turns out you're just a big softy."

He slouched and huffed in disappointment. 

-Pause-

You may be wondering about the good doctor right about now. Well the truth is, the whole lizard thing is just his quirk. Dr. Connors has a mutant quirk and was a lizard-man from birth. Despite his somewhat frightening appearance, Connors is a really nice guy and a committed scientist with a loving wife and son. His son takes after his mom and does not look like a lizard. But he does have the doctor's eyes. Because of his quirk, Connors is very interested in genetics and quirks related to animals.

-Play-

Dr. Connors: "Well, I'll scare you one of these days. But for now, there is someone I want you to meet. Someone interested in taking you on as an official assistant. He'll even be able to pay you for your troubles."

F/N: "That would be great. I'm excited to meet him."

Dr. Connors: "I figured you would be. Right this way. He's working out of the expansion we built 3 months ago."

Dr. Connors led me to the new addition to the building, which the new doctor would use as his personal lab. We continued talking as we walked. 

Dr. Connors: "He previously worked at Oscorp and has been moving around a lot these past few years. I hope that he will call our lab home for the foreseeable future. His research is quite fascinating."

The two of us walked into the new lab expansion. It was a sleek new design with metal shelves and desks all over. There was an office for the doctor, an additional smaller room for extra work, and a secondary exit to the whole building, including a stairwell leading to the roof. There was a lot of notes written on whiteboards and robotic equipment all over.