Vigilante Chronicles #1: Mysterio (Pt. 1)

Author's Notes

Hey guys, just a quick message before this part. I am writing this "Vigilante Chronicles" as a bit of a side-story that is canon to the fanfiction, but is a bit of extra reading. You don't necessarily have to read the "Vigilante Chronicles," but it does tell some stories I think are interesting. Basically these take place over the months that follow F/N becoming the vigilante, Spider-Man. He comes face-to-face with some recognizable villains and tries to help his friend in trouble. The next real chapter will continue F/N's journey as a hero and I will leave a message when we are back to the more important chapters. I hope you enjoy. Without further ado, let's begin!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italics = thoughts

(F/N's POV)

The months following my leap of faith went by in a bit of a blur. I started out my vigilante career scanning the city and familiarizing myself with the best ways to utilize my web shooters. I started crime fighting slowly, picking off low threat robbers with unimpressive quirks and worked my way up. I began listening to police scanners to scope out new villains to take down. The scanner also helped me avoid the police if they decided to set their sights on me. I was slowly building up a bit of a reputation. I also continued my work with Dr. Octavius who gave me my own work space in the lab, which I often used to fix any damaged pieces of my equipment and make more webbing.

While balancing school, work at the lab, and crime fighting, I got really tired in my free time and kinda dozed off in some classes. Midoriya noticed and offered some help, but to be honest he didn't look much better than I did. He was just as tired in class as I was. I knew he was determined to go to UA, so he was likely training as best he could in his free time. I could see the difference as he changed physically over the next few months. I wished I could join him, but I couldn't ask May to pay for me to go to hero school, which was often more expensive than regular school.

What I didn't expect from this vigilante gig was the news writing about me. The main culprit was a man by the name of J Jonah Jameson, an American who came to Japan to follow the buzz after All Might returned to Japan years ago. He wrote often about heroes and villains in his newspaper, the Daily Bugle and had a news website online where he spoke directly to viewers. He was the main writer for vigilantes when they were common-place in Japan. He criticized them harshly for acting outside of the system put into place. He hated the idea of leaving people's lives in the hands of "unqualified" and "unkown" fugitives who saw themselves as heroes but refused the proper system. Naturally, he hated my guts once I started receiving some notoriety.

----Daily Bugle - Jameson's office----

(No One's POV)

Jameson sat in his office with a cigar in his mouth, looking at one of his newspapers. Page 1 had a picture of the vigilante Spider-Man in really poor quality. In the room, Jameson was sitting at his desk while his head editor, Joseph "Robbie" Robertson stood in front of him.

Jameson: "Who is Spider-Man? He's a criminal, that's who he is! A vigilante! A public menace! What's he doing on my front page?"

The phone at Jameson's desk buzzed and his secretary, Betty Brant, spoke on speaker once he answered.

Betty: "Mr. Jameson, your wife is on line 1, she wants to know if--"

Jameson quickly hung up since he was not interested. Another employee/editor Hoffman came into the office.

Hoffman: "Mr. Jameson, there's a page 6 problem--"

Jameson: "We have a page 1 problem. Get out. Well?"