Vigilante Chronicles #6: Black Cat

(F/N's POV)

I took some time off of vigilante work after my fight with Vulture to recover. I took a beating in our last fight and I couldn't exactly go to the hospital and explain where I got these injuries. I dealt with it the best I could and gave my body time to heal. I also gave Felicia some space to deal with the fact that her uncle was working as a villain and was now in prison. It also didn't help the situation that I left her the night of the formal. Imagine how she'd feel if she found out I was the one who took him down. Would she be mad that I'm the reason he's in prison now or would she be okay with it considering I stopped him from doing any more bad even if he thought it was for the right reasons? I wasn't sure so I opted to give her some space.

Ever since Flash found out about my secret, he's been acting kinda weird. He wanted to make sure my secret stayed secret so he tried to act the same as he always did, AKA pick on me like he always has. Sometimes it was like he was trying to hard to keep the status quo, to the point that it wasn't a very convincing act he was putting up. When Flash would pretend to pick on me it would earn him weird looks from Bakugo. He still ran the Spider-Man Fan Club at school.

After about 2 weeks of resting and healing, I was ready to get back out there. I also needed more pictures for Jameson. I was giving him old photos I never turned in to him, but I was running low now and needed new material. In addition, now that Vulture was out of the picture, I wanted to turn my attention back to whoever hired Shocker and Rhino to come after me. I still didn't know who it was, but it was obvious that somebody wanted me out of the picture. When I stopped larger, organized crime, I attempted to get info out of the crooks before the police showed up, but none would tell me what I needed.

On top of that, I found rumors about a cat burglar working alone, stealing under everyone's noses. I think they may have even been messing with me. Sometimes I would take down some robbers and when I'm done I'd find a clue that they were there and took the score the robbers fought me for. Whoever it was thought this was a fun cat and mouse game, however, they clearly knew what they were doing considering they were able to take the prize and get away before I could detect them.

---

I got lucky one night, when one of the secret boss's gangs slipped up on the job and gave me a name to track down. The name Tokugawa. I didn't have many resources. All my searches online brought up the Tokugawa clan of Edo period Japan. I decided to go to the daily Bugle to follow up with one of the reporters I had become familiar with. I asked him about the name Tokugawa, but he also thought I meant the clan. I specified that another alias for the guy was the "Kingpin," a name used by many of the goons I took down. 

Reporter: "Oh you must mean Watari Tokugawa, AKA 'Wilson Fisk' Tokugawa. He's half American, half Japanese, both sides of his family were rich and powerful. He was born in the United States under the name Wilson Fisk, but took on the name Watari Tokugawa when he moved to Japan. Tokugawa was his mother's last name. There's been rumors over the years that he's some kind of crime lord, but I checked it out. Tokugawa seems a little odd, but he's one of the good guys, a true philanthropist. If there is a Kingpin, it'd take a lot to convince people that it's Tokugawa."

After my conversation with the reporter, I decided to check out Tokugawa for myself. I found out where he operated and swung there suited up as Spider-Man to see the man for myself. His office was in Fisk Tower. He may have changed his name back to his mother's for the respect of well-endowed Japanese businessmen, but he kept his father's branding. I flew straight into the window of his large office. Two goons stood by with guns trained on me. I shot webs at the two men to throw them to me, then kicked both upwards to the ceiling. I then shot webs to stick them to the ceiling. I turned around to look at the desk with the man himself seated there. He had his chair and body turned away to look out the window.