Ch. 3: The Spider Bite

(F/N's POV)

After all the excitement from meeting Dr. Octavius, I got to bed kinda late. I barely made it to school on time. Today was the day of the field trip to Oscorp. I had been there once before when my friend Harry was still around. That was a long time ago now and Harry was gone. I've seen his dad around a few times, but he's always so busy with work and politics. 

My class was gathered outside of Oscorp as the teacher did a head count and laid down from ground rules for the trip. I stood in the back next to Midoriya. Flash was up front tossing a ball, which the teacher caught as he spoke.

Teacher: "Remember, it's a privilege to be here. We are guests of Oscorp Industries so behave accordingly. Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the planetarium. We wouldn't want that, would we. Mr. Thompson?"

Flash scoffed and tried to look cool.

Flash: "Oh of course not. I'll be on my best behavior. I can't speak for Venom."

The teacher gave Flash a stern look.

Teacher: "You better have it under control, Thompson. You will be held accountable if your quirk acts out on its own."

The teacher turned to the rest of the class.

Teacher: "Come on, people. Let's stay together."

We all began walking to the Oscorp laboratory. Midoriya and I followed behind the rest of the class. Midoriya took notice of the camera with the strap wrapped around my neck.

Midoriya: "What's with the camera, F/N?"

F/N: "Oh, this is for the school paper. I said I would get some pictures."

Midoriya: "Oh, I didn't know you were into photography."

I chuckled a little.

F/N: "Yeah, I've been picking it up lately. I plan on keeping some of the photos to myself to take some notes on anything I find interesting."

Midoriya smiled.

Midoriya: "You take notes about science the same way I take notes about heroes. What a pair are we?

F/N: "Like I said before: us rejects need to stick together. We may have slightly different notes, but we should have each other's back."

I guess we got caught up in our conversation. We were lagging behind the rest of the class and the teacher called us over to the rest of the group.

Teacher: "Hey, you two! Let's move!"

F/N: "We better get going."

Midoriya: "Yeah."

We walked up the steps and into the lab. After a few minutes, we were taken on a tour of the facility and told about the research being conducted there. One of the last research topics we looked at had to do with spiders. I always found them interesting and boy were we in for a treat. 

Out guide began breaking down their spider research while she showed us around the room. The room was a circle with a bunch of monitors in the center. There were shelves of either spiders or information throughout the room.

Tour Guide: "There are over 32,000 known species of spiders in the world. They are in the order Aranae, which is divided into 3 subgroups." 

As the tour guide continued, I nerded out over the tech in the room and Midoriya was my audience. 

F/N: "Wow, incredible. This is one of the most advanced electron microscopes in Japan. It's unreal."

Tour Guide: "Arachnids from all three groups posses varying strengths which help them in their constant search for food. For example, the delena spider, family Sparassidae, has the ability to jump to catch its prey."