Vigilante Chronicles #5: Vulture (Pt. 1)

(F/N's POV)

I was curently web swinging through the city. I just got off work and wanted to go on patrol. I had a few things on my mind and swinging gave me the chance to think.

F/N: Just a few more days until the school formal. May helped me get my stuff together and gave me a few tips. Honestly, I'm surprised Felicia said yes. I wonder what she sees in a guy like me. Does she think I'm Spider-Man. I thought I convinced her I wasn't, but she could have just been acting that way to get me off my game. She said her uncle was now in town and was staying at her house. He was the only blood relative she had around. Her dad was in prison for stealing in the past. Felicia said her uncle used to work with her dad on these jobs, but he told her that he had gone straight and was working a real job now. I haven't not met her uncle yet, but I will soon enough.

I stopped on a nearby roof where I left my bag. I took my sub from early out and started to eat while sitting on the roof. 

F/N: What was with Shocker and Rhino. They were talking about a boss of theirs and I got a feeling it was the same person who sent both of them. They seem determined to take me out of the picture, but why? I have been stopping a lot of big time heists when I wasn't finding this weeks weirdo. The only one who didn't seem to be working for anyone so far was Mysterio. I have to find out who this boss is and take him down or else he's going to keep sending goons after me.

When I finished my meal, I went back to my bag and took out a police scanner. I bought it thinking it would make it easier to track down crimes in progress. The only difficult part was that it meant the police were likely already on the scene, so I'd have to avoid them while fighting the villains. It was a bit of a pain. Lately I had heard of illegal selling of lethal support items. It seemed like a local gang took technology from support companies then remodeled them for more destructive purposes, then sold them to villains on the street. I decided today was the day to check out the area where these dealings are believed to go down at. I scouted around a bit, then as night fell, I located a van with two guys selling to another under a bridge. I swung to the bridge then crawled on the ceiling to watch them. They were showing him some of the merchandise and tested a few of them. One of the dealers could charge electricity in his hands and used it on a gauntlet he put on. It amplified his electricity and focused it into a beam of lightning. Another tool shown by the other dealer was able to alter gravity and lift a large boulder with ease.

Customer: "You got something more discreet. I'm just trying to hold up a shop not blow up a city block."

Dealer #1: "I'm telling you, you don't want to pass this deal up. Why settle for less?"

F/N: "You won't have to settle at all."

I jumped down and stood in front of the three of them.

F/N: "I'm closing down your little business, now."

The dealer with the lightning gun pointed at me and charge it. I shot webs at it, covering the end of the barrel. It prevented the gun from firing and it ended up overcharging and blew itself up into tiny pieces. Their customer ran away when he saw this happen. I couldn't let him go either. I shot a web, sticking him to one of the pillars holding up the bridge. I jumped at the other dealer, but he caught me with his gravity gun and threw me away. While I was recovering, the two of them got in their van and began to drive away. I got up and pursued them. It was a suburban area, so swinging from my webs was hard. I followed on house rooftops to catch up, cutting through a backyard. I jumped out behind their speeding van and stuck a web to their back bumper. It pulled me along with them. I shot another web, pulling the metal lid of trashcan to me, which I slid on while being pulled by the van . The villains grabbed another weapon from the truck and took a few shots at me.