THIRTY-SEVEN

Endlessly

Chris carried me and made his way to the bedroom. He carefully laid me down onto the bed. He hovered above me as he locked his gaze with mine. He settled himself between my parted legs. My insides were squirming and that my centrefold was aching for something delicious.

I glanced up at him. His grey eyes hypnotized me. Inabot ko ang kanyang pisngi at masuyong hinaplos iyon. Hinuli niya ang aking kamay upang halikan ito.

"I need to tell you something." He said in a hoarse voice.

Kumalabog ang puso ko. Pero gayunpaman ay tumango ako. "Go ahead."

Dinampian niya ng masuyong halik ang aking noo bago nito hinuli ulit ang aking mga mata. "Rosalie and Echo are also here in the island and they are apparently staying at the guest house next to yours."

Umawang ang labi ko at tila hindi ko agad iyon naintindihan. Did he just say Rosalie is here in the island as well? My aching heart starting to throb once again. It's official, the name Rosalie is my most hated name in the universe.

I sighed. "Bakit ba laging nakabuntot sa'yo ang kambal na yan? Kung di yung Carrie, yung Rosalie naman. Matutuwa pa sana ako kung si Echo ang kasa-kasama mo." I rolled my eyes at him.

His serious face bothered me. "The psychiatrist  told us that it's good for Echo to see a new environment. The kid needs diversion and I reckoned the beach is a nice place to start with his healing. And besides, you're here. I wanted to follow you around like a stalker. I'll go wherever you will go, sweetheart." He said as he planted a chase kiss on my lips.

I reached for his chest and kissed him there. "What's wrong with the child, Chris? Why does he need a psychiatrist?"

"Carrie, his real mother, had been abusing Echo for years. As you noticed, Echo barely talks because his mother doesn't allow him to talk to anyone. The child had been traumatized by the people he grew up with. He's always scared his mother might punished him. His grandfather used to hit him as well. But the kid was able to pull himself together because, despite of everything, he loves his mother. Somehow, I empathize the kid. Because my childhood was almost same as his. My mother used to abuse me too and I hated her. But I know, deep inside me, I have loved her. Sa parte ko, I have lola who loves me unconditionally. I relied to her and she showered me so much love that my mother failed to show me. Kay Echo, he doesn't have anyone. His condition became worst that he sometimes tends to hallucinate. When Carrie knew that her sister is going to see her to confront her about barging into my life, she disappeared. She left Echo with the helper I hired for the kid. And when Echo saw Rosalie, he thought she's his mother and that she came back to take care of him. Carrie had been feeding Echo false informations. Until now, the child thinks I am his father. I am torn between telling him the truth and continuing the lies her mother infused to him. I brought them here because I plan to tell the kid the truth, sweetheart." He scooted to my side and pulled me and I let my face buried on his chest. Inabot ni Chris ang duvet to cover our exposed bodies. Chris gently stroked my arm as he planted soft kisses on my forehead.

"Back in the vacation house, when Carrie and Echo first came, she got me fooled at first."

I snorted when I remembered that time. "Yeah, obviously. You started ignoring me from then on. You even got mad at me at pinalayas mo ako sa bahay mo."

Chris trembled with the memory. He tucked a few strands of my hair to the back of my ear. "You have no idea how sorry I was that time, Nica. I was scared the situation might harm you, and indeed I was right. You almost fell in that cliff. You gave me a heart attack that time. And I thought Carrie had have something to do with the threats your family is receiving. I even thought they were after you and not me. I needed to send you away and pretended that I accepted them. I wanted to squeeze some informations from Carrie. I wanted to know what they actually want from me. But that woman didn't want to talk anything related to her family. I even hired some detectives. But they also failed."