Chapter 4: New School

One year ago

It's been a week since Hanjun left his parent's house. It's not that bad in his grandparent's house but it feels empty. He don't know what to do, it was holiday anyway.

"Jun-ah, go downstairs we are about to have lunch!" he heard his grandmother calling him from below.

"Okay, be right there!" Hanjun replied.

Hanjun go downstairs to eat lunch with his grandparent. He see his grandfather was reading a newspaper while his grandmother was preparing a rice for them.

"Here little Jun, today we will eat a lot of stuff!" His grandmother said proudly.

In the desk, he could see variety of food. It make him drool just looking at it.

"Wow grandma going all out today for lunch" Hanjun said while looking all the food. It makes his stomach growl just by looking at it.

"What are you saying? Your grandma always goes all out when preparing lunch" his grandfather said while reading a newspaper.

"Let's talk later, eat first. I'm hungry myself" his grandmother said.

After finishing lunch his grandmother arrange all the plates to wash it in the sink. She realize that the dish soap has all been used up.

"Honey, where did you place the spare dish soap?" His grandmother said.

"Ahh! I forgot to take it out of the box in the store" his grandfather replied.

"You! I told you to take it out many times, now go and take it!" His grandmother shout toward his grandfather.

Hanjun was just sitting there looking at his two grandparents squabble. It remind him of his two parents, they are almost the same. Always angry at each other while still love each other.

"Ah, I can't do it. I have work to do" his grandfather said while scratching his head.

"And what kind of work is that?" His grandmother retorted at his grandfather.

"..." His grandfather was silent, he didn't know what to say. He just said it because he too was lazy to do it.

"I will help it" Hanjun suddenly offer his help.

"Jun-ah..." His grandfather said

"... Alright, you can help. I can't trust this old man anyway, he will just forget it again" his grandmother replied.

"Nice!" His grandfather thought

Hanjun immediately go to the basement where the storage are and the box was placed. He look around trying to find the box his grandmother describe but there are too many boxes here.

He checked the first box in front of him, he opened it and found the dish soap. But something caught his eyes, it was his father's old guitar.

Hanjun stare at the guitar for a while and tried playing it a little bit. It was his first time playing it so it was out of tune.