Chapter 15: Swimming lesson

Three years ago

"Jun! Are you ready yet?"

The woman called over her son who was upstairs, still haven't finished dressing up his tuxedo yet. Now it's already close to 7 pm, but the family still hasn't managed to leave the house yet because of the boy.

"Wait a sec mom. I'll be down soon"

"Hurry up. Your father doesn't want us to be late"

"Coming!"

With his hands still busy tying his tie, he came down from the stairs in a rush. He slightly slipped his feet on the steps, but thankfully he regained his balance and did not fall.

"Be careful! What if you fall right there!"

"Oops, sorry *smiles*" Hanjun gives her mother a sorry smile before finishing tying the last knot of the tie. He approaches his mother who was already at the doorway waiting for him to come.

"Hurry up and put your shoes on. Your father is already waiting us outside"

"*sighed* alright"

Hanjun let out a deep sigh upon hearing his mother to hurry up. Even though he tried to look normal in front of his parents, but he clearly can't hide his emotion that he didn't like the idea of going to his father colleague's dinner party, because he knows that it was business related gathering.

Moreover, the emotion that he's been feeling since earlier in the day still lingers inside him. His looks gloomy and his face didn't have any emotion plastered on it. He released another sigh while slowly putting on his leather shoes before standing up, meeting eyes with his mother.

His mother notices his behaviour. She looks at her son, observing him from head to toe. She curves a smile when she noticed his son's tie was messy and slanted to the side. So, she helped him adjust it.

"What's wrong you, honey? What's worrying you?" she asked him with full of warmness in her tone. It was a normal way of how parents would sound like when they were worried about their child.

"Nothing mom..." he answered in a low voice with a small smile.

"If you say so. Cheer up a bit. It's just a gathering of your father's workmates. There's nothing important things that we will do when we get there. Just eat and walk around the house" her mother tried to encourage his son.

Hanjun just nodded back, but still looking sad.

"And about her. Tried to forget about it. The more you keep thinking about her, the more pain you will be Jun. I don't want that happen to you"

Hanjun looks at his mother and wonder about her words.

.

.

.

.

.

'I want to forget about her mom... but how? .... She's the only thing my mind could think of right now...'

"There, it's all neat now. Let's go, your father must have been waiting for too long now" her mother gave a final brush on his suit before went outside which he slowly followed after.